“Great Find!”

Yellow Dog Eats Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yellow Dog Eats Kitchen & Bar is the newest addition to the YDE family....Join us at our brand new restaurant in New Smyrna Beach!
“Great Find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We visit family in this area several times of year and for different festivities. We were here for vacation and went to Christmas in July. We decided to get something to eat and opted for this new place rather than one of our old favorites. So glad we did, although the main dinning area is a little small, it is very big on taste. Only open four days things I thought were going quite well, my wife and I started with lobster nachos, was really good and had an ample amount of nice size lobster pieces on it, we then decided to have the Elvis, it's pulled smoked pork sandwich with Gouda cheese, pecan smoked bacon with onion straws and a nice tasting sauce, this was one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever ate as I am not much of a pulled pork person. Saying that I will be back again to try some of there other offerings, I think you should give this place a try and not let others decide there fate, they have another shop in Orlando for years must be doing something right. This place is nicely decorated, the owner came to our table, was very sincere person. Only downfall was we sat in the back patio and it started raining so several of us gathered around our table and we ate together and really met some nice people we did get a little damp. The great food made up for the bad weather. We will be back, hope you give this place a try.

1 Thank Harpo330

DeLand, Florida
“Over rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I too dined in NSB and found the place cool to look at but that's about all. The bartender left his bar, with numerous patrons at his bar, to obviously smoke as he stunk so bad that it was all you could smell. Perhaps if he washed his hands? I was presented a menu with some interesting items but then I was told I could only select from 6 choices. REALLY?? The menu speaks endlessly about "Fish's Gold Barbecue Sauce", which seems to be on everything. I couldn't help but notice, while checking out the patio, the storage room outside had shelves full of CATTLEMANS GOLD BARBECUE SAUCE!! Unless Fish is the heir to the Cattlemans Barbecue empire, it seems like a bit of false advertising. Either way, I have had better barbecue at Smokey Bones and that's pretty sad.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Steve G
YDE K, Owner at Yellow Dog Eats Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi Steve,

We are really sorry to hear about your experience at our new location and know that from the other reviews and feedback we have gotten since opening, this is definitely not a typical experience.

To clear up a few of your concerns, we want to let you know that we absolutely do not tolerate our employees smoking at either of our restaurants during work, in fact we ask in the interview to make sure this won't be a problem. As for the menu items being selective right now, we can assure you that this won't be for long, we just opened up two weeks ago and are training our new staff on how to properly prepare every item, as a result, our soft launch only has a limited menu until we feel confident that every menu item is up to our high standard. Lastly, Fish's famous gold bbq sauce really is THAT good :) which is why we talk about it so much on our menu! We do sell other sauces at our store in addition to Fish's to offer variety for our customers. Hope this helps to clear up any concerns that you may have had and we do hope that you will come back soon to try us out again!
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This place had excellent service, great food and drink selection, and an awesome back patio. Will be back!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank ekomlance
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Awesome Pulled Pork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

They were still in the "soft opening" mode and only had a few items on the menu they were serving. The Elvis Sandwich was a very generous portion, excellent taste to the pork with bacon and crispy onions. You may want to ask for a side of the sauce, as it is GREAT! Sandwich comes with chips and cole slaw. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich which was the same ... generous and very tasty.
The only thing I found strange was they did not serve diet coke. Several customers in other booths tried ordering diet coke also. Maybe at a later date.
Definitely will return to sample the rest of the menu.

Orlando, Florida
“Qui Studios - Loves Yellow Dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We couldn't have been more excited to see our favorite Gotha eating experience open up in New Symrna, our favorite beach experience. The food is amazing, aesthetics are amazing, site's and sounds are amazing - we have just never had a bad bite at Yellow Dog Eats. I would have to say the creative experience for all your senses has been carefully handcrafted by owner/chef Fish Morgan and we just adore his concept and thank him for allowing us all to indulge in it!!!

Best Always