“Authentic French Bakery”

Add it.
Mon Delice
Ranked #11 of 40 Shopping in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Baguettes, batards, and brioche are tres magnifique! Pastries are heavenly, and locals know to go early in the day to avoid disappointment when your favorite might be sold out later in the day. We order take-out subs from Mon Delice often; there is no eating area on the premises - which is the only shortcoming of this little bit of France in Florida.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

A French pastry shop in NSB, Florida? And an outstanding one at that? Oui! We stopped in recently after reading about this place in a local paper and were impressed with the artistry displayed in the pastries. As we were there for their take-out sandwiches, we went light on the sweets.

All their subs are crafted on in-shop baked baguettes, setting them worlds apart from typical Subway fare. We took them to a beach-side park as there are no dine-in facilities, which is the only drawback to this culinary gem.

Posted on the wall is an excellent history of the restaurant and it's owner - well worth the time to read while you wait for your order to be prepared.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We were in NSB for a beach weekend and our friends recommended this place. They didn't have very many options and the bread didn't really seem all that great. Their pastries are okay, but I've had much better. Maybe in comparison to all the places to eat in NSB, this one sticks out as decent, clean and safe. Nothing to write home about, though.

1  Thank MrsTravelQueen
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We were visiting from out of town and stopped at the bicycle shop next door. Upon leaving my husband noticed Mon Delicé and we decided to stop in.

The food was exceptional. I had a turkey sub and the bread melted in my mouth. My husband purchased two ham and cheese quiches and we ended up sharing our meals because everything was so good. The next day I went and purchased breakfast there. Once again it was absolutely delicious. Plus I witnessed them hand-making the bread which was another treat. I also picked up a Napoleon for my husband and we fought over it. It was incredible!! We plan on stopping before we leave New Smyrna to purchase bread and pastries for the ride home.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Hi,

I,ve been experiencing Mon Delice for many years through my many visits to New Smyrna Beach. My favorites are the rasberry Delice and Strawberry Delice, but most of my cohorts adore the Napoleon. The breads are exceptional (especially the Challah, and I believe Multi Grain) All of the little cakes and pastries are awesome. For lunch, the Subs are great!!!! If you need to take something to a party,go with the sausage pastry puff rolls.They are delicicious!!! Also,I'd be remiss to omit the danish. Fabulous!!!!

With all Sincerity, Cathy L. Christenson.

3  Thank weque16