“Best meal we had in NSB”

Norwoods Restaurant and Wine Shop
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This. Place. Is. Fantastic. We stopped in for the little-known Happy Hour, which runs 3-6pm and offers half-priced appetizers and bar drinks, so long as you're seated in the bar, lounge or patio. This is really a great special to take advantage of, as it allowed us to try several different dishes for a low cost. The must-try's are the Escargot, the She-Crab Soup–which is about 90% crab–and the steamed Mussels, all of which are on the Happy Hour menu. We also tried the Shrimp and Crab Au Gratin, which is a full-price entree ($13), and it was THE BEST thing we had. A mix of crab and shrimp broiled in an Alfredo sauce with two cheeses, this is the best seafood au gratin I've ever had. Also, the service is exceptional. Our server, April, was both knowledgable of the menu and friendly. She helped us pair the right wine with our meal, something that definitely enhanced the quality of the food. Thanks, April!
Be sure to visit Norwoods. The only downside to our meal was that we didn't find it sooner.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,589)

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I have been to New Smyrna Beach many times, but had never eaten at Norwoods. We are so glad we did. The service was great, the food was excellent food and they have great wine selection. What more can you ask for. Our waitresses Darlene and Jane were great, very helpful and entertaining. Definitely our new favorite spot for dinner. Can't wait to try the stacked fish.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Has some seafood, some steaks. Not a big variety but adequate. And is good. Used to eat there a lot, but the help was getting non-complacent (gave barmaid 20% tip, took it, walked off without even a thank-you). Don't go there anymore. Lots of other places with even better steaks in area like Texas Road House.

norwoodsrest, Manager at Norwoods Restaurant and Wine Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

I am sorry to hear that our staff did not treat you in the most welcoming manor on your visit. I take from your review that you haven't joined us in quite a while, and if that is the case I would love to welcome you back for another try. We encourage all of our staff to be friendly and gracious and I apologize that they failed to present themselves that way.
As far as our menu not having much variety, we do have a 5 page menu, plus nightly specials. We are well known as a seafood restaurant, but we do have a variety of hand-cut steaks as well as other non-seafood items available on our menu. I am sorry that this was not enough variation for your liking, but again hope that you will join us again and find something that you like on our menu.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me through email so that I can get some more information on your visit.
Jackie
norwoodswine@gmail.com

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The food was very good but the experience was even better. We sat on the front patio which had 2 large TV's. From the hostess to our wonderful server, Theresa, the employees make you feel like an old friend. My husband and I went on a lazy Tuesday early evening (before 6:00pm). The menu had specials, light appetite choices, and my husband really enjoyed the beer tasters choice with 3 smaller glasses of beer of your choice for only $6.50. Since we were the only patrons on the patio on this beautiful evening, the hostess forgot to send a server right away because of the number of incoming customers. We actually didn't mind but she kindly gave us each a free drink.

The waitress Theresa was excellent, very accommodating (we switched tables to get a better view of the tv's) and friendly. Her service was excellent. A fun time that reinforced to us the reason so many locals are loyal returnees each week. The atmosphere as much as the food is a huge lure for visitors and residents to NSB.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I liked the many choices available and every thing we ordered was tasty. It wasn't our number one restaurant but it was in the top 5.