“Beach Vacation”

Norwoods Restaurant and Wine Shop
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visit Norwoods everytime we are at New Smyrna Beach. They never disappoint. Great food. Great wait staff. Love IT!! Loved our waiter Jim L.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,589)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great food, great wine shop, and great entertainment. Often visit Friday nights because of music. Love the keyboard player and singing. Keep it going.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have often heard about Norwood's Restaurant in New Smyrna Beach and finally had the opportunity to stop for dinner on Sunday evening. We were amazed by how large the restaurant is and the number of diners. We were seated immediately by a smiling young hostess who told us Jim L would be our waiter. The handsome, well groomed young man who came up to us was a treat. He said, "Yes, Ma'am" and "No, Sir" in a way that obviously came natural to him. What a change from being called Honey or Sweetheart which we find patronizing, if not demeaning. His quick smile and light sense of humor added to his charm and we quickly found ourselves relaxing and feeling at home, although a little confused when he mentioned the pig's skull. That was funny. My husband and I couldn't help but be impressed with the extensive menu, both food and wine, but the real pleasure was the food. My filet was tender, juicy and done to perfection. My husband said the crab legs were the best he'd ever had. We were so pleased. We will be returning and will, of course request Jim L. to be our server.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I had dinner at Norwoods for the first time this past Saturday and we were highly impressed. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the facility is beautiful! Our server, Jim L., was personable, knowledgeable, and attentive. He was able to answer all of our questions and made good suggestions. The crab legs I had were some of the best I've ever tasted! They were huge, had good flavor, and came out fresh and hot. I was also pleasantly surprised by the restaurant's extensive wine selection. And loved the fact that there there is a little wine shop to purchase from on the way out! The prices were very reasonable and you definitely can't beat the service.

I would recommend Norwoods to anyone near New Smyrna (or far away, it's worth the trip!). We will definitely be back and will be requesting Jim L. as our server!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

When friends come to visit me from out of state they all want seafood. I immediately make plans to go to Norwoods as I did last Friday evening. Our server, Greg Sauto, was the perfect blend of charm and wit while delivering impeccable service. His knowledge of the menu was impressive as were the recommendations he made. My guests were blown away and not only had a great seafood dinner, but had an amazing experience as well.