“Norwoods 3/14/2013”

Norwoods Restaurant and Wine Shop
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We dined at Norwoods for the 2nd time with friends visiting from Colorado Springs. As it was Biker Week in Daytona Beach I called ahead for reservations. They don't take them but will put you on a preferred customer list. The time was 6:15pm and we got right in. The restaurant was crowded but the noise level is such that you can talk and hear without any trouble. Our attendant was quick and efficient. My wife had a the house Pinot Noire saying it was quite satisfactory. I had my usual diet Coke.

For dinner I had the Mahi Mahi Parmesan. It was crusty and flaky with a more than adequate serving. My wife had the scallops. She was assured that they the larger ocean scallops and not the teeny bay scallops. They came in between. Not large but not teeny, maybe baby ocean scallops. Anyway she said they were cooked well and were good.

It was a non hurry atmosphere and we had pleasant dining and conversation.

The overall experience was good and we will certainly return. The only real cretique was the sixre of the scallops.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,516)

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow, great experience here. All of our food was great, all the appetizers were great, drinks were great. Atmosphere was fun, very nice resturant. Would reccomend it for sure! Waitress was really great also.

1  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food was good but not great. The service was good but not great. The restaurant has been in town for some years and has become a place to go for lunch and dinner. Good food to fill your belly.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dined here on Monday night when many other spots in town are closed. Parking lot always seem full each time we came by. There were several tables celebrating birthdays the evening we were there. Shared an order of crab cakes to begin, which were delicious. Unfortunately the rest of the food didn't live up to the promise of the first course. My husband order the broiled sea food platter and I ordered fish. Both were overcooked and my fish, which the waiter stated was local had little taste. Maybe we hit a bad night but we were disappointed in a spot that was voted as one of the best restaurants in the area by a local paper.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We are two retired couples who enjoy this restaurant very much. The food has always been delicious no matter the cuisine.

We always ask for Michelle H. to serve us. This young lady is an absolute joy and very efficient. As a guy I'll also say she's easy on the eyes too.

Anyway, of all the restaurants available, we generally travel the 30 minutes to experience a substantially above average meal and service.

Thank you Norwood's and Michelle.