“Great wine selection, on of the best in the state!”

Norwoods Restaurant and Wine Shop
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef.
Orlando, Florida
“Great wine selection, on of the best in the state!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always enjoy having dinner with family here when I come over from Orlando to visit. I actually used to wait tables there back in my college days and I always loved the food. They have a ton of seafood selections and I've tried many of them with pleasure. This place is also where I got my start into loving wine. The owner when I worked there (Don) was a fanatic about wine and we had tasting before shift so that we can learn the flavors and how to describe them. Well, when you see the wine list you'll be amazed. They have a wine steward and they also get me something just what I like from my descriptions.

• Visited November 2012

Conn
“Steak and Seafood”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm a non-restaurant chain person, and had the pleasure of eating @ Norwoods for Thanksgiving 2012 when visiting friends down in Florida. Awesome waitress named Linda made our Thanksgiving dinner a real nice time. Also a must try was the Tur-duck-en (Chicken stuffed inside a duck,which is stuffed inside a turkey. Oh YUM! Definately a different but a comfy homey dish. They also have a real cool wine shop attached to the restaurant.

Our friends who live in Florida have since been back and have raved about thier all you can eat Shrimp night. Said it was the best they have ever been too!

Can miss with this restaurant!

• Visited November 2012
Brampton
“Not great food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went with friends two orders of fish and chips, the fish tasted like it had been chopped and formed and the fries were made from frozen not fresh cut, would not order again. Two orders of the hog snapper fish stack, comprised of two small filets of fish which cost a staggering $22.00 to have it stacked was an extra $3.00 per meal. The appetizers of crab stuffed mushroom was excellent as was the order of fish gumbo. The staff are very attentive. I would not recommend here and do not think we shall be returning.

Deltona, FL
“Love the wonderful creative dishes!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband & I love this place in New Smyrna. It's a little on the upper scale but we have discovered the Midday Menu and the prices are very reasonable. We love the Fresh Fish Stack and the Mediterranean Mahi Mahi. The Midday Menu is avaiable until 6PM and there is a nice selection of sandwiches as well as seafood and prices go from $7.50 - $16.50 (for filet mignon) but most seafood dishes are between $10 - $14.00. Also the house salad is wonderful with the house dressing.

Bellingham, Wa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favourite spot”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We're never disappointed when we go to Norwoods....food is consistently good and the staff are always friendly....especially linda who served us last night....we'll be back again...and again!