“Fresh fare”

Grille At Riverview
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh fare”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Five of us dined here and were all very happy with our meals - especially the seafood entrees. I think that our waiter was relatively new and inexperienced as my husband was given a very dirty wineglass and when I ordered a split of sparkling wine, the glass I was given had no bubbles and I didn't get the usual small bottle with the remainder of the wine. Maybe it was the bartender's fault. All was remedied and things went smoothly thereafter.

Visited March 2013

port orange, fl
“Excellent restaurant-”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is always our first choice in Volusia County. Great Food-View-Atmosphere-Service. Have returned several times.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delcious food, soothing live music, and a beautiful sunset!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our third excellent visit to the Grille at Riverview; we eat there every time we come to New Smyrna for a vacation. After three consistently wonderful dining experiences with different friends and family, I decided that I must share my delight with others readers. Because my husband and I are retired and on a fixed income, we always take advantage of the "Sunset Menu" (early bird) at this somewhat high end restaurant. The "Sunset Menu" has a variety of approximately ten entrees to choose from; they are all accompanied by a glass of wine or beer, and a salad or soup. Because the best feature of this restaurant is its location right on the Intercoastal, we made a reservation asking for "outside" seating on the patio to be able to see a gorgeous sunset over the water. We had worried that it might be a bit too cold to sit "outside", but to our relief, the restaurant enclosed the outside patio area with a clear vinyl tent, if you will, and even provided patio heaters. We were nice and cozy. My husband really enjoyed his fish and chips, I devoured my mussels and shrimp, and my daughter said that her Prime Rib was the best she's ever had! The sunset this evening featured a truly red ball of fire that many guests photographed. An added bonus this Thursday evening was lovely live music during our dinner -- played by a most talented singer and acoustic guitar player -- Dan Baldrick -- who played songs that were familiar and enjoyable to everyone dining there (ranging in age from 30 through 60). Everything in this restaurant was 5 star -- the food, the entertainment, and the lovely sunset over the Inter-coastal. We will definitely return next year!

• Visited March 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Lovely view, good food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been to the Grille many times over the years, and have seen it go through various ownerships. Our most recent visit was quite nice, and we were pleased with the food, service, and ambience. Three of us at the table had seafood, which is always reliable there, and our fourth had the prime rib special. All of us enjoyed our choices. I was especially impressed with the variety of the wines by the glass, and enjoyed an excellent Pinot Grigio. Our server was attentive but unobtrusive, since we were visiting with friends whom we had not seen for some time. We all enjoyed the evening, and we were particularly pleased since we had suggested the restaurant to our friends who were not familiar with New Smyrna Beach.

• Visited March 2013
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“such a disappointment”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

i may start off by saying that we enjoy fine dining - and, if a restaurant's prices are high, we are not scared away if we feel it is justified. we love food and wine! we went there with another couple on february 26, 2013 expecting a wonderful dining experience. it's not what we got! service was not good - food was barely good! had to wait for a couple of bottles of wine! salads served without salad dressing (on the side or otherwise). some food was cold. need i say more? we left with a bad taste in our mouths and will not rush back! there are enough other great restaurants in the area!

• Visited February 2013