“Out of the way, but worth the drive”

J.B.'s Fish Camp & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Located about 6-8 miles south on the New Smyrna peninsula, JB's is a nothing fancy sea food joint. Great food. Just don't go when it's crowded and you have to wait outside for a table; the mosquitos will eat you alive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've been eating here for years when in New Smyrna Beach and have never been disappointed. Great views, fun atmosphere, and good food make it a great place to be. Expect to wait earlier in the evening, but that only lets you sit on the dock watching the sunset in the east. Explore the menu as there are many things you might miss on first glance.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

It is obviious management has changed. JBs has been a fabulous stop every year for our family of 13 for the last 12 years . Quality, quantity and value had been established at JBs. It was obvious because of the wait times in peak season. It has all changed. Prices are up. Quantity of food has been reduced therefore value is down. On a good note. Wait tines are virtuallly zero. That means other people have stopped going as well. Maybe they should use bostons as an example!

1  Thank lscottb
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Rented a kayak, pointed us in the direction of the kayaks and sad your time starts now. When we returned I asked how much I owed him. I got a blank stair and then a reply of I can't remember all the amounts and another blank stair. As if I was supposed to know how much to pay.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I chose to sit outdoors for our dining experience at J.B.'s Fish Camp Restaurant. Our view of the pier and the inter-coastal waterway was outstanding and truly enjoyable. There were many seafood and other menu items to choose from and the sides were plentiful as well. Our food was well prepared and the portions were fair and filling. The food was served piping hot and at the end of the meal--even though we shouldn't have--we opted to share a piece of homemade pie. Every mouth full was delicious and my wife and I plan to make this restaurant a regular stop when we visit New Smyrna Beach again.