“Beautiful setting”

Outriggers Tiki Bar and Grille
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Visited this place for dinner and drinks. Beautiful tiki bar and outside deck area. Overlooks the water and boats. Great fire pit and outdoor heaters that work well. We were there at happy hour 4 to 6 and had 2 for 1 drinks and half off appetizers. They have a good selection of draft beer that is a good deal at happy hour, (Fat Tire) normally $5 was $2.50. We ordered a couple of appetizers, crab cake and fried pickles. Crab cake was pretty small for the price but the pickles were whole fried pickles. I had never had them like this but they were excellent and the batter light. We also had a fish sandwich. Again small portions of fish and small bun but it was very tasty. Our server, Enya was very nice and had a great personality, she did an excellent job answering any questions. It did take a little longer than expected for our food but we chalked it up to being new and will hopefully get better as time goes on. All in all this is a great place to sit and have some drinks while enjoying a great view of the river.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited this new gorgeous location last night and it was absolutely beautiful, as to be expected.

Being a single mom of 2 little girls, I am used to the usual blow off from service staff always assuming my children will be wild, or I'm a bad tipper... Or whatever the case. When in reality, I am also in the service industry and am always the ridiculous over tipper.
Either way, hostess' were great. Cheerful and all smiles, my little ones wanted to sit out on the deck and we were seated right away. It took some time for a waitress to come over... She was pleasant. I can't remember her name because after she took our drink orders and set them down... She was gone-- for an "emergency." Which is totally fine. She showed another girl which of her tables had been helped... And which hadn't. We had yet to order. Our new waitress seemed a bit confused but nice.

From her, I ordered an appetizer, 2 children's meals and a meal for myself. After waiting 35ish minutes (totally great, we were enjoying the view) I received my meal. No appetizer. No kids meals. I would have said something to someone... But no one stopped at our table. The group of chatty servers huddled around the heaters and didn't look my way. Neither did either of the men that I am assuming were managers.

About 15 min later... The kids meals and the appetizer came. I then, readied my girls' food and started on mine. Which was more than cold at this time. The girls loved theirs. And my crab cake was just okay. The asparagus were undercooked... I wasn't too impressed... The ahi ceviche was amazing. Just wish I could have enjoyed it as an app.

All in all, the restaurant just seemed a bit unorganized. It has the potential to be a really cool place. It's obvious that they're still weeding out the staff... And the timing of the food. But in the beginning stages their management should be making sure that every guest is happy. And that everything is taken care of. And that wasn't the case at all.

I will visit this restaurant again, maybe just for appetizers or drinks... Or try bringing my girls back in a few months. But with my check being in the upper $60's -- I didn't feel like I got my monies worth, at all.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Location fantastic.Food very good.Service good.Way too noisy.High tops, booths and stools are very uncomfortable.Portions small.Drinks very small.No regular scotch.No salt/pepper on table.No pepper grinder.Sandwiches in paper and wire basket not able to be eaten with knife and fork.Stuffy, poor AC circulation.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I heard how great the happy hour is at the new Outriggers in New Smyrna Beach. We decided to go last evening. WOW!, this place is great. Best happy hour I've ever been to. All drinks and apps are 1/2 price 'til 6:00. These are not your everyday apps. They are fresh and upscale. Drinks are also. You have to try their bloody Mary's. They're garnished with shrimp and a peppery bacon slice. Delicious!! Dinner menu looks good. Sandwiches to complete dinners. All are reasonably priced. Lots of seating inside and out. Live music on the deck. We will definitely be back again and again. Ask for Carol. She was a great server.

2  Thank cia0girl
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have now gone to outriggers three times. And I will say unless things become a little more organized I will not be back.
The problem were small on my first two trips and need not be mentioned. However, my third trip was a disaster.
I and a friend were able to secure a very nice table on the outside deck. We "believed' we had communicated with the waitress about our intentions of having drinks, appetizer and later we were going to have dinner. This was understood by the waitress because I spent several minutes explaining "we were there for the evening" and she acknowledged the fact! My friend and I heard a parade going by outside so we got up to see what it was about. We left our food and appetizers sitting on our table. When we returned (not an unreasonable amount of time later) our table had other people sitting at it and our food and drinks were gone. We had left our keys and glasses sitting there as well (to make sure they knew we had not left)and they were gone also.
We were told that management wanted all "drinkers" to be moved from the tables to the bar *(I and my friend are not "drinkers" but we were having a cocktail with our food *)Thus, our table was confiscated our drinks and food removed (never saw drinks or food again) and we were told basically that we had not ordered food, which we had!! And we already had a bill which was heading towards $50 and we were going to order dinner as well.
The point to all this is, there was a problem and I asked to speak to management and no one from management came. In the three times I was there I observed problems and was told by bar staff they were "working out the bugs" in the system.
So, it is obvious to me if there are bugs in the system, one should listen to feedback from clients about what may be the problem.
Thus, my review is an unpleasant experience with a management team which did not want to get feedback. I my opinion it is not worth it to go back if they are not going to correct problems or at least listen to feedback from someone who "was" spending money there and observed problems which could have been corrected at that time.

2  Thank AdventureExpert