“A must eat”

Spanish River Grill
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a modern approach to Latino cuisine, husband and wife team, Henry and Michele Salgado, prepare a blend of regional ingredients strongly influenced by the bustling barrios of Latino neighborhoods and the traditional Spanish countryside. Chef Henry and his team of chefs work to prepare the freshest local seafood and seasonal vegetables available to provide the Spanish River Grill guests with an exceptional celebration of food. From start to finish, the philosophy at the Spanish River Grill is that the intimate craft of preparing food should be exceptional and something the culinary and service teams take seriously. Each night the goal is to create a memorable journey of flavors and an experience to be shared with friends, family, and those you love.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A true gem for any city. The menu (mostly Basque) was so interesting I had a hard time choosing. The presentation was perfect. The staff was very informative and professional. I wish I could eat here more often. The chocolate bread pudding was over the top.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were there last night as a foursome. We were seated at a very nice table and looked forward
to a great meal. The sound system was turned up so loud that we could not hear ourselves. We
asked the waiter to turn it down. He said he was not allowed to. The manager came over and said
he would not turn it down because it was part of the Tuesday night scene. I had been there before
and had bad food but we figured it was just a bad night for the chef. But we will never go in the
place again.

6  Thank Pantheras
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The website says "no reservations" but I noticed at least three parties come in after us and were quickly whisked away to areas that were reserved. It was a Saturday date night for my wife and I after a long day and months dedicated to our kids. The wait was 40 minutes, we arrived about 7;40pm. The host (Seth) was under a lot of pressure but was really great and professional. Typically, at a nice restaurant like this we'd go hang out at the bar but it was crowded with no vacant seat the entire night. Other than the wait outside and having to listen to some loud obnoxious guests for a while, our dining experience was great. Our waiter quickly took our order and brought out some basic Cuban bread and butter. My wife and I had the jelly donuts (conch fritters) which were really good-the best I've had in Florida. The sriracha honey reduction took it to another level for us. My wife and I shared the Steak Palomilla (mojo ribeye), which was cooked perfectly and tasted like butter and not so much mojo, which was fine with us. For dessert, we shared the chocolate-chocolate bread pudding, which has got to be sinful, and flan, which was incredibly light yet tastefully intriguing. We'll definitely be back and see what it takes to get a reservation :)

3  Thank stewart c
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Years ago when we moved to NSB we just happened to walk in. That was before they had the outside seating. Everything we had from appetizers to the dinners were wonderful. Yes they are very expensive, however like I said it is our special place and is worth the treat! Service has always been excellent and they are very knowledgeable. Also even though they were busy we never felt like we were being rushed. I think it is time for another visit now that I am writing this. It is making me crave for more.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the shopping center location turn you away. This restaurant has consistently been one of New Smyrna's nicest restaurants for over 10 years. The food has a Spanish flair with several tasty tapas options. Seafood is fresh and wine is plentiful. Best place for date night at the beach, hands down.

2  Thank Tommy_ZZZZ