“Excellent choice leaving the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Flagler House - CLOSED

The Old Flagler House
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Flagler Tavern has been a must-visit destination for locals, families, beach-goers and music lovers since 1928. Nestled amongst picturesque Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach, our iconic beach house is the ultimate location, offering something for everyone.
Orlando
“Excellent choice leaving the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife, daughter and I tried this tavern on the way home from the beach. (Our other go-to place has been getting rotten reviews here). This was a great find. It's a sprawling house with rooms (and outdoor seating) tucked away here and there. We have a buffalo chicken thin crust pizza that was one of the best pizzas we've every had. Very, very good. And at less than $9.00 is was more than enough for two of us to share (my wife ordered it for dinner so we took home 2/3 of it in a box). I had a blackened fish sandwich that was also very good--and the fries were excellent. We all shared them too. The fries are quite like "twice fried"--they almost seem to have a spicy coating on them before they were cooked. What was nice was that the lettuce and tomato and pickle served with the fish sandwich were cold AND fresh--always a nice touch. I also liked that for the first time EVER i didn't have to ask for extra tartar sauce since I like a lot. My daughter had a cheese quesadilla that was very good. She only managed to finish a bit more than half--that went home as a late night snack as well. I also noticed that the lettuce, tomatoes and jalapenos that were served with her quesadilla were also crisp and fresh.
All in all a very very nice find. We will absolutely be back--in fact--we may start heading to NSB in lieu of our usual spot of Daytona Beach just to hit the Tavern on the way home.
Waitress (Jenn?) was also very very good. Very friendly and was very patient when we overheard her explaining a coupon to a couple that seated beside us as we were leaving. Definitely this is a place worth checking out. Not sure why it's not rated higher--maybe we just caught everything on a great day (Saturday).

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bmcgnh
FlaglerTavern, Owner at The Old Flagler House, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Thank you so much for the detailed and extensive feedback! It's so fun to read about great experiences. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Buckhorn, Canada
“Flagler waves the Flag again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I enjoyed a lovely evening at the Flagler Tavern again. I had the honey garlic wings and they were terrific. The server Tiffany was spectacular as was the evening entertainer Danny who did a marvelous rendition of Beatles, Roy Orbison, Willy Nelson, Garth Brooks etc.......... Great singer and guitar player. Happy Hour is not bad too. Keep it up.

• Visited February 2014
Buckhorn, Canada
“Nice ambiance and good live music.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a great meal with fabulous service. Mark the singer/guitar player did a marvellous job. The servers all worked together and it was all seamless. Great job folks.

Visited January 2014
London England
“Excellent lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stopped by mid-day for an early lunch before departing for the airport. Had dropped by the previous evening late (a Friday night) which was really busy, full of people half my age dancing to rock music. Great atmosphere, seemed a lot of fun just 20 or so years too late! However, noticed that to the front of the building there was a veranda which was obviously used for dining outside hence my visit the next day. We had been in Florida for 10 days so big portions fried was getting a little too much for the system so we both decided on salads and peel and eat shrimp. Strange as this may sound, one of the best meals we had there and probably for the simplicity. No issues with service but this was early and the was just starting to fill up as we left. Would definitely recommend for lunch not sure about dinner after a certain time and at the weekend

• Visited October 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fish Reuben!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to New Smyrna for the wine walk. Fun day! The shops are fun to walk around....it was a beautiful day to shop and walk around.

This restaurant sits right on the street. They had nice live music and a fun outdoor patio.

The fish Reuben was great! You can order it blackened, grilled or fried. All looked tasty.....I opted for healthy grilled. It was good. If I ordered again, I think the blackened would be better. They have great fries too!

Casual and fun....this was a good stop.

• Visited October 2013