“Where the locals eat....”
Review of The Old Flagler House - CLOSED

The Old Flagler House
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Flagler Tavern has been a must-visit destination for locals, families, beach-goers and music lovers since 1928. Nestled amongst picturesque Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach, our iconic beach house is the ultimate location, offering something for everyone.
mount dora
“Where the locals eat....”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After a first visit to Flagler Tavern in New Smyrna Beach, the food was reasonably priced so we returned after a day enjoying the beach. Our first visit, we had the nachos which were big enough to share. We sat on the porch where we could watch busy Flagler Avenue. Our second visit we again sat on the porch which was uncrowned ( only one other table occupied). After ordering and waiting awhile for our food, a few young locals came in and ordered. The servers talked with them and their food arrived. We had to ask if our food would be ready. The wings we ordered as "all flats" came out with mixed wings. No one asked if we wanted any more drinks while eating, and one young server came out to sit at the table next to us, put her feet up and smoke. We finally asked for a bill. Food was fair, reasonably priced but service needs improvement.

1 Thank mdgolfer81

Edgewater, Florida
“Flagler Ave Surprise”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We were here last winter and were very happy. We came back and we are still very happy. A party of six diverse eaters and everyone is full and satisfied. The rib eye was very good, this coming from a picky eater. Big pork chops serving great chicken Al Fredo. A great value.

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Nice quaint restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice place on Flagler Ave. Good food and drink. Had my first fish taco and it was good, fresh fish and the onion rings were some of the best I've had.

Visited July 2013
“I wish I could rate it a zero”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to this restaurant while on vacation last week. I have NEVER been treated with such disrespect. The waitress Heidi is the unhappiest person I have been around in a very long time. The whole dining experience was a nightmare from the start. Words cannot explain how disrespectful and flat out rude Heidi was. The unbelievable evening experience leaves me to warn others to not visit this establishment.

2 Thank kimmieguy
“Nightmare--We should have left before ordering”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was with Randy R and 9 other family members on July 4 at the Flagler Tavern. The menus were thrown at us. The waitress stomped back and forth all night....the floor shook. We were treated like trash. In reading several of the other reviews on this place, we aren't the only people who think that the service is horrible. It took 2 hours for a fish sandwich. The waitress blamed the kitchen. We were the only people in the restaurant. We should have gone to Captain Ds. Our orders were messed up and the waitress got mad at us. Of course, we were charged 18% gratuity. At the end of this fiasco, one of our party wanted to talk to the manager and contest the mandatory tip. We went back into the restaurant and were confronted by our "waitress". She told us that the restaurant was closed. She then asked us if we were "going to hit her". She then called my friend a bad name. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself.
We are the most docile, easy to please people in the world. This was ridiculous. I work too hard to be treated like this. There are better restaurants in NSB to spend your money. Bad...bad...bad...Never again.

1 Thank Gregprange