“Tony G”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Best Cuban sandwich I've had in awhile! Found the prices to be reasonable and the staff was very friendly.

1  Thank tony G

Reviewed May 16, 2014

New Smyrna Beach is an awesome mostly non-chain restaurant town. For instance, where else can you dine al fresco under tiki umbrellas, grooving to reggae music, feeling like you're at the beach but the cars whizzing by remind you you're on US 1? That pretty much sums up funky Crabby Chris' atmosphere; the menu is much more extensive. Fish and burgers dominate and do feel pricey but the portions are quite generous and most meals are accompanied by lots of homemade crunchy chips. The lemonade options are fresh and humongous! I usually default for the mahi fish tacos or mahi sandwich. Both are well-seasoned and cooked just right - moist and fresh. I most recently dined here with a girlfriend who ordered the crab cake and pronounced it delicious. Everything is cooked to order and delivered to your table. Have had their ices for dessert in the past; not sure if they're still on the menu. In November they celebrated the season with a pumpkin ice. Crabby Chris is pretty easy to find sitting on the southwest corner of North Dixie Freeway (US 1) and Mary Street.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had tried to eat here for two days, but with only outside seating, the weather was not conducive for that. But on the day we had to fly home, the sun came out, so we decided to eat lunch here on our way to the airport. We are glad they are open on Sundays!

There is a huge menu on the wall next to where you order and pay. No matter how picky you or your family are, if you can't find something here to satisfy your hunger, something is wrong. After several minutes of trying to narrow down my options, I finally selected the coconut shrimp platter, and a Bud Light. My wife opted for the blackened mahi mahi salad and an unsweetened tea. They were all excellent choices. As usual, my wife raved about the mahi mahi salad, although it was smaller than the one she got earlier last week at Norwood's. My coconut shrimp was probably the best I have ever had. Nice and crunchy coating, very tasty, and a nice pineapple marmalade dipping sauce. The fries were more like pita chips, but really nice. This is one place that I'm glad we didn't give up on because of the weather. Crabby Chris is on our radar for our return trip to New Smyrna Beach!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I went because the reviews were so good. First the good, I like sitting outside and the tables and set up was nice and the lemonade was really good. The menu had a good selection but the prices were high . I selected the lobster taco and my husband fish tacos and it was hard to see the lobster. It was more ground up pieces and cold. My husband and I thought there was not enough seasoning on either taco. We thought the cost was high for an walk up outside restaurant. We will probably not go again. Traffic from the highway did not bother us as the tables set back from the road.

CrabbyChris, Owner at Crabby Chris, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

First let me thank you for coming out and giving us a try. I'm very disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations. It troubles me deeply that we only earned a rating of"poor." I was unable to determine by your review what day and time you dined with us. Please give me a call back with this information so that I might get a better understanding of the circumstances. Additionally I would invite you back to give us another try, on my expense. I make no excuses..your dissatisfaction is solely on my shoulders... I would just like the opportunity to show you why so many others have enjoyed their time with us. Please contact me directly at the restaurant 386-957-3878 and let my staff know you are responding from TripAdvisor. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon.. Crabby Chris

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had my first visit to crabby Chris today. The Cuban sandwich and the giant fish sandwich was delicious. Plus, my fried pickles were awesome too. Got to eat there every week now