“Average food.... HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!”
Review of Blackbeards Inn

Blackbeards Inn
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual Seafood Prime Rib Steaks and Raw Bar
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arrival we had a party of 7. There was no wait and they were not busy. We sat down and waited for a server to approach the table. After 10 minutes we had to ask somebody to find our server, the hostess had no clue who our server was either. I finally went and asked for a manager who was busy mingeling with the hostesses and severs at the host stand. I explained the situation and all he had to say was..... Sorry! Really??????? That's how you handle that situation? He NEVER came over to the table once to check on us or offer to make anything better. Our server was fabulous and made the experience better but unfortunately for her the restaurant was out of multiple items of the food that we wanted to order. We had heard really good things about this place and tried to go the night before. We did not look up the hours of opperation so showed up at 5 til 9. We asked the manager if they would still serve us and his response was " if you can order in the next 5 minutes". So went to PJ's that night and had great service and the food was 10 times better. I would not recommend Black Beards Inn and would never return! I feel sorry for the sweet server that we had... She could make a lot more money at a better managed restaurant. I am an old restaurant worker so fortunantly for her we always leave at least 20% no matter what. It makes sense that their awards posted on the wall stopped in 2010.

1  Thank Jody B

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our third visit to Blackbeard's. We visit friends in the area every six months or so and often go here. This time there were six of us and we all had a wonderful meal. My husband had the seafood platter just like the one in the picture. He couldn't eat it all (very unusual for him) but then the limitless salad/soup bar and the limitless dinner and cinnamon rolls probably had something to do with that. I had babyback ribs, our host had the prime rib, and others had the special of the day . . . a great stuffed white fish. Everyone raved about his/her meal.

1  Thank SeasonedTraveler088
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Food was delish- I had the crablegs and lobster tail, even the grilled cheese was fabulous (according to 8 year old daughter) Service was good and the kids loved that they serve cinnamon rolls in addition to bread rolls. Had a nice salad bar too.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is wonderful, the staff is outstanding and most importantly, the seafood was delicious. As a bonus......fresh and gooey cinnamon rolls! We took a dozen of them with us! Reasonably priced and perfect for the whole family. This was the best place we ate during our entire vacation!!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been here many times, bragged about it to my husband who had never been, our visit yesterday lived up to my expectations. My husband was impressed with the choices on the menu as well as the salad bar and service! Our young server was a lovely lady who did everything she could to make us happy! The Prime Rib (he had his medium/well) and it was still tender enough to cut with a fork! I had the Cajun seasoned Prime rib which was so flavorful and cooked to perfection (med rare) the salad bar has always been good, he enjoyed the Manhattan Clam chowder, I myself being a New Englander can't get beyond the "red chowda" Never!!!! Rolls are the bomb!!!!! The seating is somewhat cozy (crowded) that and parking is tight/scarce. Doesn't matter because the food is so good you will put up with it for the best prime rib ever!!!! We got there right after it had opened and when we left there was one hell of a crowd of people waiting....should tell you something!