“Never again!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We are new to the area and are trying out different restaurants. This is by far the worst one so far. They are known for their burgers but failed to cook them properly. The potato salad served with my burger was foul tasting. I know the Breakers is on the beach and some sand will get in but I believe they should sweep once in awhile because there were piles of it everywhere. The bathrooms were filthy. My husband and I enjoy dining out at least 3 times a week. The Breakers will not be getting another visit from us and we will pass on the information to our friends and family not to waste their time eating there. A warning to any e-cig users. Their use is not permitted.

2  Thank sunny184
Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Friends of ours who have owned property in NSB forever first introduced us to the Breakers a few years ago. It is out go-to place when we are in NSB. You can't beat the beach bar vibe with the best wings, burgers and view short of the Caribbean!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been here many times. It's right on the beach at New Smyrna Beach - right at the end of Flagler Ave and adjacent to the Flagler Ave beach access ramp.

Their food is good, but their drinks are great. I always have a Rum Runner or a Mai Tai - they make both equally well and you won't have to complain about them short-pouring because they're generous with the "main" ingredients.

As a special treat, try to snag a seat along the open windows that face the beach, where you can sip your cocktail and watch the world go by - breeze blowing through the windows. There's just enough room to sit on the stool and sip and/or eat your meal. They're first-come, first-served, though, and a lot of people "camp out" so good luck.

Pretty much everything I've had there is good, but I most often stick with their fresh fish sandwich, which I get blackened and it never disappoints. If you're parked on the beach, they'll happily box your meal to go. Drinks have to be consumed on the property (though I'll admit that I've discreetly walked out with one since this is just among us friends).

There are only 2 drawbacks and they're enough to keep some people away, but as long as you go with an island-like mindset, then you probably won't mind so much. 1) They're almost always busy so food can take a really long time (just have an extra Rum Runner and you'll be fine), and 2) Parking can be a real challenge.

At any rate, check it out and tell 'em Tony from Orlando sent ya. They'll probably say, "Uhh, who's that." Oh, well - I guess I'm not famous yet. Haha

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Right on the beach so we walked here from our hotel. Cold beer and really really good burgers. Sit at the counter facing the beach for excellent people and car (yes, they allow cars to drive on the beach) watching. Friendly service.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location right on the beach - great view of breaking waves. Hamburgers are quite good but at 8oz are larger than I need. And at $10 each and $5.75 for Blue Moon beer at happy hour the prices are high. Server was perfunctory and appeared bored. Place was 3/4 full at 6:00 pm on a Monday night. Noise level moderate. Would return if I want a hamburger and are willing to pay the price.