“An eclectic italian restaurant with great food”
Review of The Garlic

The Garlic
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We invite you to enjoy an authentic taste of the Tuscan countryside. Walk down a vine covered arbor, surrounded by a walled Olde World fireplace and enter a garden lush with lit trees and flowering greenery. The garlic offers one of the most beautiful settings for a delightful and memorable dining experience. We offer great food, live music, fine wine, Italian beer, and perfect martinis. Come experience the garlic for yourself.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We received a gift certificate on Christmas for this restaurant and waited until the right time to go. The last day of our vacation was our wedding anniversary, so we figured that was the perfect time. This was a great choice. We went early, arrived around 4:30 pm and sat in the dining room. There were not many people in the dining room and our waiter Sam was very attentive. We started our meal with a drink (2 specialty margarita/martini’s) and then for an appetizer, we had the Caprese Classic, which was great. I had the chicken and my husband had the blue crab ravioli with tomato basil sauce and topped with goat cheese. Both meals were out of this world. We only ate half our meals (brought the rest home for dinner the next night), and then had dessert. I had the chocolate chip cannoli (3 small cannoli’s) and my husband had the chocolate cake. The cake was enough for 2 people. We topped it off with a bowl of ice cream to go along with our dessert. Everything was fantastic – service & food. When the bill came, we were shocked, but at least we had a gift certificate for $50. The reason I did not give this place 5 stars was because of the price of some of the things. The 2 drinks and the dessert ran the bill up quite bit. The drinks were $11 each, the cake was $8.95, the cannoli was $6.95, and the caprese was $8.50. Our bill came to just under $110.

We will return, but we will learn from this time and not have the special drink and not have dessert, or at least split one. All in all, this was a great experience.

1  Thank Florida-girl-7
There are newer reviews for The Garlic

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ambiance is good. Food was also good. They have a bar meal if you can get a seat at the bar. We tried but only had one seat left. So we ate INSIDE, they have outside seating as well. We had the early bird meal and you get a glass of wine or cocktail with the early bird.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were driving by and saw the Big Garlic out in front. So we looked it up here on Trip Advisor and decided to go. I called for reservations but was told I didn't need them on a Tue Night. We could have been seated outside under the canopy but it was raining a little so we decided to sit inside. Great atmosphere inside. They had a Piano player near the bar that was pretty good. We started off with a Calamari ALA Pepperoncini then I had the Salmon Special and Kelly had the Veal Piccata. Both were excellent! then we finished off with the best Tiramisu we have ever had... I just can't say enough nice things about this place...

2  Thank Scott M
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We always head for the Garlic when we come over from the UK. The place is always full we we always seem to get a table. The Bread with Roasted Garlic that is served when you first sit down is amazing. I would also recommend the Garlic soup. The portions are Huge so be prepared.
Can't wait for our next visit there.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My girlfriend's and I have been going down to New Smyrna Beach for a girls weekend away for the last 5 years now and one thing we absolutely must do is have dinner at the Garlic. A couple of the years we've actually eaten there both Friday and Saturday nights because they food is that good. On this particular night it was very busy and we were told there would be a 45 minute wait. We were fine with that so we muscled up to the end of the bar and ordered drinks. I had a margarita that was out of this world. We walked outside and found a place to wait.The restaurant was all decorated for fall and also for Halloween and the decorations were very unusual and almost looked vintage.The atmosphere in this place is simply amazing! After only waiting for about 20 minutes our name was called and we were seated at an outside table which was great because it was a lovely night and they had the fireplace going. All 5 of us ordered different things and they were all fabulous. I had the shrimp scampi, one had new York strip steak, one had the cannelloni, I think the other 2 had chicken dishes. Before the meal they bring out a fresh garlic bulb and also a warm loaf of bread that is so delicious. Our server was Dan ( American Dan, not Serbian Dan although he did have him last year when we were there and he is great too) and he was an excellent server. We had a lot of fun with him too and he made the experience that much better. Although some of the other reviews state that they thought the prices were a bit high I totally disagree and thought you got a huge portion for the money. We've never had a bad experience at the Garlic and we look forward to going there every year we go down there. It's in a great location and the décor is unique and wonderful.If you go to New Smyrna Beach don't miss this place! It is quite simply a GEM. The Fabulous Five give it 5 stars!