“My first visit”
Review of The Garlic

The Garlic
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We invite you to enjoy an authentic taste of the Tuscan countryside. Walk down a vine covered arbor, surrounded by a walled Olde World fireplace and enter a garden lush with lit trees and flowering greenery. The garlic offers one of the most beautiful settings for a delightful and memorable dining experience. We offer great food, live music, fine wine, Italian beer, and perfect martinis. Come experience the garlic for yourself.
Holly Hill, FL
“My first visit”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I recently were travelling home to Daytona and stopped in New Smyrna Beach for a nice early dinner. I'm sure that wait times are long on the weekends but this was a Tues and we were seated immediately. The bar high top we were seated at was loud and cold. ( Way too much A/C ). The kind waitress sensed our discomfort and offered a table outside in the "garden" area. We took her up and the entire evening and experience changed from that point.
The atmosphere outside is superior. Quiet, twinkly lights, very rustic appointments and an AWESOME waitstaff. we were served promptly with appetizers, salads and the entrees. My wife had filet mignon lasagna and I had Spuntitori Italiano which is basically a giant bowl of pasta and marinara sauce loaded with every form of Italian meat immaginable. Just overwhelmingly great.
Impossible chance of desert. The food was impeccible and the service as well. I've eaten in 5 star restaurants from Vegas to New Orleans and I told my lovely wife that this meal ranked in the top 5 I have EVER had. Hats off to all at The Garlic !!!!!

• Visited January 2013

Paradise
“Expect to wait at least 1/2 hour”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The wait for a table at the Garlic, which does not take reservations, was over an hour on a Saturday night. We had been told it would be about 45 minutes, but after 1 hour and 15 minutes, we were finally seated. The bar was crowded and to get service was difficult. The food was good, but nothing exceptional. I had the Eggplant Parmesan and I cannot complain about the size of the serving. I was not able to eat it all. Dinner comes with a salad, bread and garlic roasted garlic spread. Everyone seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. The prices for the meals ranged from about $19.00 to $32.00. Appetizers were in the $8-12 range. We ordered calamari for an appetizer. I have had better and would not order that again. It was heavy and overcooked. The rest of the meal was fine. Once we were seated, the meal came rather quickly. An experience one may want to try. It seems to be geared for adults. We did not see any children when we were there.

Visited January 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Top-knotch Italian food in a pleasant setting”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Garlic is undoubtedly the best Italian restaurant in New Smyrna Beach, and one of the best overall restaurants. The food is always delicious, and the portions are very generous. One of my favorites is the pork osso bucco, and I always take half of it home for lunch the next day. My wife enjoys the planked salmon cooked in their wood-burning furnace, and all of the Italian specialties are excellent - especially the ravioli, made with ground filet mignon. You can taste the difference! There is live music and professional and friendly service. Seating is either indoors or in a very pleasant garden.

• Visited January 2013
“lovely, classy surroundings and excellent food.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

As another reviewer noted, not obviously lovely from the outside but at night inside is a twinkling labyrinth of lights and candles, nooks and levels , plus a couple of huge flickering warm open ovens and not too intrusive live music

Our food was attentively served and delicious. Huge portions, don't eat at all on the day you go there!

Port Orange, Florida
“Aunt's birthday dinner”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Was invited to a birthday party for our aunt (9 of us). The food was all quite especially the rack of lamb.