“Mile high lasagna”

The Garlic
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We invite you to enjoy an authentic taste of the Tuscan countryside. Walk down a vine covered arbor, surrounded by a walled Olde World fireplace and enter a garden lush with lit trees and flowering greenery. The garlic offers one of the most beautiful settings for a delightful and memorable dining experience. We offer great food, live music, fine wine, Italian beer, and perfect martinis. Come experience the garlic for yourself.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

As you walk in the restaurant, wonderful smells greet you and you think, "The food can't possibly be as good as this smell." However, it does not disappoint. I had the special filet lasagna, and it was tasty and "a mile high". My husband had the duck, and it too was delicious. We will definitely plan to go back when we visit there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I eat at least two hundred times a year in restaraunts from fast food to top drawer; usually a bottle of wine with dinner unless its a fast meal. We travel extensively and go out of our way to have dinner at The Garlic. Several items are cooked in a ceramic lined oven at 700 to 800 degrees; the result is spectacular. For carnivours, the 32 ounce bone-in ribeye is on a par with the most exotic steak houses, anywhere. Lamb chops, duck, and fish dinners are also very good. The service is all you can ask for. The Chef may take time to visit you. This year, we have stayed a total of five nights in the area just so we could have a meal at The Garlic; we plan three or four more visits in October and November. (We live in Ohio)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I find the smell of garlic on others offensive. For that reason, I try not to eat a disproportionate quantity of it. When I go here however I make an exception.

FIrst the apps and the bread. They fire roast garlic, add oil and mash to a paste that they serve with fresh homemade tasting bread. DONT eat it, it's a trick. A trick that will have you eating 2000 calories. A trick to break down my resistance, eat away my will power and fool me into being one of those people that wreak of garlic for the next several days.

Next comes the cool setting. Big old growth live oak trees right in the center of the dining area, Temperatures can vary here from chilly to down right uncomfortably hot, so choose inside dining if it's particularly humid or cool, but if temps are right, this is the better seating!

Order a steak which they finish off in the outdoor oven, or try the pasta dishes they are known for. Adult couples often enjoy sitting across from the wood fired oven. In fact I can't wait to go back to try doing just that!

1  Thank bunnypuffer
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Garlic has been at it's location for as long as I can remember, I remember seeing it anytime my family and I went to NSB when I was just a kid. Now that I am all grown up, my sister invited my family to join her and her boyfriend for a bite to eat.

Boy, am I glad we did! The food was AWESOME. I am talking lick your fingers, roll you out in a wheel barrow awesome. The bread with garlic? To die for! The artichoke dip with crostini's? Heavenly.

I loved how the specials were printed on a piece if uncooked lasagna, it was very quirky and cute. I had chicken roulade which comes with spaghetti puttanesca. While I have had the puttanesca, I have never had the chicken roulade. It was a great combo and I was able to eat the whole plate, though if I hadn't been so hungry it would have made a fine plate for two people to share. My husband had one of their specials which I believe was a t-bone with roasted potatoes and he loved every last bite as well.

I will say the ambiance of the restaurant is really neat and I was worried that going with two kids under 4 would present a problem but it did not. The waitress was pleasant and very helpful and didn't seem bothered by her mini patrons in the least.

Yes the prices are rather high but we would gladly pay them again and again as it really was that good!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Always have a great time when we enter The Garlic. The staff are all naturals at making you feel welcome, good pours on the wine, the music is fun and lively...the guitarist and his wife.. partner..? have a great act together... Food, wine, music..what else is there?