“This place is great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yesterday, friends and I went to New Smyrna Beach and were shopping in some stores. We asked a clerk in one of the stores if they could tell us of a good place to eat. She mentioned Merk's and we decided to try it. It has a bar and grill atmosphere with pool tables and dining area and bar. Their menu selection is very good and prices are reasonable and their staff is very friendly and courteous. The owner visited our table and asked what we ordered and if the food was okay. She also filled our drinks and was very friendly. If you visit New Smyrna Beach, I would highly recommend you visit Merk's you will definitely enjoy your meal.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband & I finally visited Merks March 31...and we thought their burgers were excellent.
Don't know about the rest of their menu, but we'll go again for another Angus Cheese burger...great fries too.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This sports bar has a variety of beers: imported, domestic, drafts and micro-brews. There are 13 tables and around 18 bar stools and several pool tables. There is an interesting list of appetizers and various sandwiches and etc. My wife and I split the fish and chips -- 11 oz haddock with fries. The fish was large, but seemed like thin cardboard on both sides -- cooked to death. At least the tartar sauce covered some of the taste. I wasn't impressed with the flavor of the fish. Will probably go back to try some of the interesting sounding sandwiches, but no more fish&chips. It's a little pricey, but not too bad.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visit Merk's every Bike Week. The food is very good, the staff is friendly and service is top notch. I am from Syracuse NY and we always visit, eat and drink 2 or 3 times at Merks during our visit to NSB. We recently watch the (2 nights,2013) Big East Tournament there and the staff was very accommodating to us with TV coverage and service. We understand the owner is from the Syracuse NY area and I must say the atmosphere was just like home away from home. We love the NSB area and Merk's. Thanks for all you do and kudos to Merk's
ajtesta
Baldwinsville, NY

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great place to eat, drink, party and play NTN Buzztime Trivia. Number 1 in the country quite often.
Great bartenders and management.