“oh oh bad tummies after a burger”

Chases on The Beach
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“oh oh bad tummies after a burger”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My parents were staying at our condo just .2 miles from Chases and they do not often go out to eat. My 6 year old son and I took them to Chases as I love the setting and the food has always been reliable. On this occasion my Mother and Son both ordered a medium well done hamburger and both were up all night with violently upset stomachs. I did call the manager the next morning to let him know out of courtesy that he may have some very bad meat on his hands. We will be back but likely will stick to a drink and some nachos.

Visited November 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Can't wait for our return visit, everything was awesome”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Do you like a front row seat to see the Atlantic ocean and hear the waves crashing on the shoreline? Then this is the starter without one of the many great tasting beach drinks or appetizers. They should post a sign as you are approaching the outside dining area, Step right up, Sit right down. The view is worth the bit more pricer drinks and food items. No it's not a fast food stop, nor a formal dining joint. But what it really is a place to unwind, chill out and be YOU! That was my intent prior to entry and everything after that was just an added bonus. So lets start with the Surfers Dream bucket drink. A bit more alcohol than I would have normally liked, but the drink was 32 ounces of plenty lively flavors mixed together. Then the entrees arrived with one dish of fish tacos and the other fried combo, shrimp, clams and fish filets. Both had portions more than we could eat and very plentiful. Most of all, each dish was great. When our waitress, Danielle, who was a very friendly and courteous asked about our food, it was difficult to respond as we were enjoying our meals so much. So we acknowledged her and got back to eating. I was a bit a disappointed after getting home and reading the reviews. It sort of seemed to be a hit or miss visit by previous guests. I can agree on the parking lot being small. As once that is full, I didn't see many other choices but on the street parking and not being from that area, have no idea of the parking ordinance in that city. But everything else was up to par. We got what we went for, good food and great service. The view was free and very much enjoyed. You can also park on the beach and walk right up the steps through the back if you want another entry. Just check out the tide chart first. The menu items offered were of great variety. Again, I felt the prices were a bit steep, but not so much you had to limit your choices. If you do experience something not meeting your standards, tell the wait staff and/or manager as it seems they want happy customers and lots of return visits.

• Visited November 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Food is beach food but not good. views at great”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is not the best. Service is poor but the views are worth it.
They have valet service. arrive early as the younger crowd comes in after 8pm

Visited August 2013
“The beach is the only thing going for this place”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Been going to New Smyrna Beach for 10 years, but always skipped Chases based on negative local reviews. Our server was nice, but the food was so awful! I was expecting fried food/burgers, simple bar food. What we received was terrible.

Don't bring kids here unless they don't want to eat! Kids grilled
Cheese (burnt and on weird bread for kids), fries, and a fountain drink was $9.50. Are you kidding me?? For that price the food should be prepared well and something fresh offered! If you want to serve junk, don't charge almost $10 for a KIDS meal!

I ordered a medium burger that came out also burnt. Upgraded to onion rings that were heavy in tasteless breading. Tasted like the oil in the fryer was well past it's useful life, which was probably the biggest problem.

View is great, atmosphere fun, people are nice. Can't be more convenient if you're parked on/near 27th Ave NSB. Grab some drinks and eat somewhere else! Anywhere else!

• Visited July 2013
Canada
“Don't miss it - awesome on beach meal & drinks”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wow. I almost missed this place because I didn't put it on my list of high ranking places from trip advisor. I just looked back to see why I missed it and it seems like things have gotten much better here since back a few years where it got 1-2 stars. Today, it was hot and we were hungry / thirsty. W were welcomed by free valet parking and a pool inside for folks to play water volleyball. We asked to be seated on the patio which overlooks the beach. Buckets of drinks, a great burger, outstanding fries and the fish tacos I'd been searching for. Service was great - preemptively, a server came and offered to move us in as it was starting to rain. Two thumbs up! I think it should (and will be ranked higher soon.

• Visited July 2013