“A great evening out with friends”

GrantLee's Florida Brigade Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Edgewater, Florida, United States
“A great evening out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just finished another fantastic meal at GrantLee's Restaurant in New Smyrna Beach. Their Pot Roast is out of this world - better than I can make! And their brisket is to die for! I will definitely be back again - and again - and again!

• Visited May 2013

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Just tried this new restaurant in a landmark location by the New Smyrna Beach airport. Everything was fantastic. We sat outside on the deck where we listened to live music. The dishes were "homemade" comfort food reasonably priced. Try the shepherd's pie! The macaroni and cheese side was enough for a meal and the pulled pork melts in your mouth. Good food, good prices, good location, and good service, this place is a hit!

• Visited May 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“10 out of 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter and I went for lunch. The pulled pork was out of this world and now you are my favorite for buffalo wings too. I can't wait til Star of the South comes out. I know where I am casting my vote. Great homemade ranch dressing too. We'll be back!

1 Thank Nancy H
Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Southern Bar-B-Que at it's Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had dinner last night at the GrantLee Tavern and Grill Florida Brigade. What a great time and great food! There were 6 of us at the table and we ordered Appetizers of Civil Chips( Fried Dill Pickles), Cannonballs(Fried Mushrooms) and Louisiana Jalapeno Poppers with Sweet Chili Sauce. All of the appetizers were fried to perfection (not greasy). Entrees were ordered when we finished our appetizers (we had a choice to order when we ordered appetizers or take our leisure and order after the appetizers arrived, we chose the latter). 2 of our party ordered the Bar-B-Que Platter, which was Brisket, pulled Pork and Ribs, the rest of us ordered St Louis Bar-b-Que Pork Ribs. There was total silence when the entrees were served, because no one wanted to miss a bite of this mouthwatering bar-b-que!! The ribs were so tender, they melted in our mouths. I had a half rack with coleslaw and sweet potatoe fries and that was a huge amount of food. My brother had a full slab of ribs with sides and Herb/Cheese Muffins. My sister-in-law said that the brisket was the best she ever tasted.
Our experience was great! The Servers aim to please, the food is delicious and cooked to perfection and the atmosphere is warm and friendly.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food and drink at resonable prices. I can't wait to try the rest of the menu!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Civil War Themed BBQ Restaurant & Tavern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Awesome BBQ and ribs. Even the selection of sauces are tasty. The meaty ribs were perfectly tender and not at all dry. I ordered corn pudding to see what it was and loved it. It is more of a corn souffle made with a light and airy corn meal and sweet corn; I loved it. The mac n cheese is some of the best I have ever had. The portions were quite generous too.

They will have Civil War re-enacters in period dress from time to time to entertain you. The back of the menu has interesting Civil War trivia, some of which I did not know.

The restaurant is in front of the NSB airport on US 1, Old Dixie Freeway. It is very clean with lots of wood surfaces and plenty of big multi-paned windows. The grounds are pretty with Spanish moss draped oaks and big palm trees. (It is next to a city park full of such oaks). They have a nice covered patio on the backside. There is plenty of parking and the aroma of the smoker gets your mouth watering as soon as you step out of your vehicle. The staff was friendly, attentive and helpful.

I will definitely make this a frequent dining experience. I am not sure about late night or brunch, but I did see people making reservations.