“Wonderful little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Verde

Cafe Verde
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Wonderful little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a small restaurant located behind Clanceys Cantina. In fact I believe it's the same owners. Nice covered outdoor dining area as well as inside table and bar dining. The only alcohol served is beer, wine, & sangria. But the food......it is divine! I have to eat gluten free (husband does not) and our server made sure to check all my selections with the chef before placing my order. In fact since we were eating at the bar, everyone working behind the bar knew I was gluten free. Extra points for that! For an appetizer we had the shrimp and watermelon cerviche. I've never tasted anything like this. It was amazing. I had the Mahi Veracruz which was perfectly done.My husband had the Mahi fish taco which he declared very very good. They have 3 offerings for desert and we chose the Flourless Chocolate Cake. It too was a great choice. It was served cold with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Overall the entire experience was delicious.

Visited July 2014

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Charming decor, inventive menu, reasonable prices. If you're in the mood for light, casual, sophisticated fare, this is a great choice. Not your typical Flagler Ave. scene.

Visited March 2014
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Always a Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have dined here many times for lunch, dinner and take-away. I have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and sometimes organic. Strict vegetarians (vegans) will find the staff knowledgeable and helpful. There are many choices for vegans including starters, main dishes and sides. One of my favorites is the Pasta Alle Verdure with butternut squash, brussel sprouts, tomatoes and spinach. The black beans and plantains go well with almost any meal! Oddly enough, the Vegan Tacos with seared tofu are not my favorite as there are many other more delectable vegan offerings on the menu. I plan to enjoy Cafe Verde again very soon!

• Visited July 2014
Winter Park, Florida, United States
“Love all the fresh menu items”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I like it all from staff to menu to atmosphere. The shrimp and avocado ceviche, the street corn, the fish tacos, the chicken gyro and most of all the brussel sprouts. I cant wait to go back and try more menu items. The only thing my husband and I didn't like much was the guacamole on the chips and dip plate, it was too thin. We will be back often.

Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Simply great fresh food laid back atmosphere for a night out with family and friends,had their pollo asado with yuca hash loved it will definitely go back