“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Verde

Cafe Verde
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plano, Texas
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had lunch at Cafe Verde. Some of the entrees were not available until dinner which was a bit irritating. My wife's meal was delicious I have to say. She chose the BLT scallop tacos and brussel sprouts with asparagus. I had a taste of both and they were wonderful. I chose the lamb gyro with street corn. The street corn was very good. Unfortunately, the lamb gyro bread was very hard but the filling was good. I don't think it was made with regular pita bread.

1 Thank Les_PlanoTexas

Orlando, Florida
“Just off Flagler...make the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and was surprised at the quality of the food. It was tasty and fresh. I had the Steak Tortas and enjoyed each bite. There were multiple flavors present...and it seemed like each bite brought a new combination. I will certainly be back on my next visit to NSB!

Mssouri
“Nice, but wish we ordered entrees.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We weren't that hungry and decided to stay with appetizers. My wife ordered the much touted BLT-scallop taco @ $13 and I went for the carne asada tacos @ $6. The menu doesn't say this, but the scallop tacos are served with beans, rice, and a few plantains....while my 2 carne asada tacos came without sides....just a dollop of meat and salsa on 2 flat 7" tortillas. The carne asada tacos were quite tasty but the scallop taco tasted like a salad without much flavor. The scallops were the small bay (fabricated) scallops. We noticed some entrees being carried to other diners and they looked a lot more interesting than what we ordered.

Gulfport, Florida
“A True Gem at the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I were visiting relatives in NSB and found Cafe Verde on TripAdvisor. Based on the glowing reviews, we decided to try it for lunch and were very impressed. The food, service, and atmosphere are all impressive. My husband tried one of the bowls and when he came up for air, declared it one of the best meals he has had in a long time. My mother-in-law had the shrimp ceviche salad which came with half a perfectly ripened avocado and topped with an orange broth dressing. And my selection was the Mexican torta that turned out to be a Caribbean version of a pressed Cuban sandwich...a grilled chicken breast with chipotle aoli dressing completed with chopped lettuce and tomatoes Service was spot on. Prices were very reasonable for a beach community still filled with tourists....our meal was less than $50 and included the entrees and 4 imported beers. Note of caution...parking is a bit of a challenge as there are 3 popular restaurants in that corner although there is a public lot to the west on the next block. We will definitely go back on our next visit to NSB.

1 Thank maryel998
Port Orange, Florida
“HIdden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Excellent restaurant.Menu is a little different than the normal but the food is outstanding.Tried the BLT scallop tacos,delicious. Tried a few of the appetizers which were all superb.Extremely inexpensive for what you get

Visited May 2014