“Delightful food and service for a reasonable price”
Review of Cafe Verde

Cafe Verde
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I wanted to go on a date and chose Cafe Verde because of its ranking on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. We literally started salivating while reading the menu. Lots of interesting and tasty dishes. I got some sort of pasta with butternut squash and brussel sprouts in it. My wife got the BLT taco with scallops. We swapped half way through. Both were delicious. For desert, I got the espresso flan and my wife got the flourless chocolate cake. Again, both were very delicious. Our waitress, Tatie, was a delight and helped us choose our selections. We have found a new treasure for a getaway in New Smyrna.

1  Thank JoeR11

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Didn't know where to eat, had been to the usual places. Read about Cafe Verde on Trip Advisor.
So impressed. Staff were "not in your face" like some places.
Food was fresh and amazing. My hubby had the chicken salad he was very impressed.
I had the lamb gyros, it was the best I have ever had.
We split the yuca fries and the sprouts wow wow wow will be back

1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A small place with indoor and outdoor patio seating. Innovative menu, helpful staff and decent pricing - especially for a tourist area. The yuca fries and freshly made mojo sauce were a hit! The kale salad was tasty as was the rice bowl with black beans and chicken. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank GPMIA_FL
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were thrilled to read the reviews and then dine at this restaurant. we loved it. fresh, innovative cuisine and a welcomed departure from the typical beach town fare. A super value too. Entrees for ten dollars, beer 3, wine and sides $5). Although we tried other restaurants in town (including Panheads...the TA #1) this was far superior, far fresher and much tastier. Service great too! This is as good as any big city bistro. We could have been Chicago or Minneapolis...but we were two blocks from the beach. Had three meals here. wife and two kids loved it too. they close at 9pm which seems a bit odd. In any big city this place would be hopping late. they could use live music too!

1  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We wanted to try this place for some time and we weren't disappointed. Took two seats at the bar to eat. It was fairly crowded for around 6-6:30 p.m. on Sunday and it was getting busier as we were leaving. Got the mussels for a starter, angel hair with clams and shrimp and steak tacos for dinner, and plantains for a side dish. All was delicious. Service was friendly. Prices are good reasonable too! We'll definitely be back!