“Do not miss this jewel in NSB”
Review of Cafe Verde

Cafe Verde
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Augustine, FL
“Do not miss this jewel in NSB”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I went to New Smyrna Beach for a long weekend to celebrate his b'day. First night, we went to Café Verde. We loved it so much that we returned for lunch on our last day there. Everything in this restaurant is fresh and prepared right in front of you. You pretty much cannot go wrong in ordering from the menu. But I would say: do not miss the street corn or brussel sprouts w/ cashew & asparagus. My husband raved about the White Fish Ceviche and on our second trip, the Avocado Shrimp Ceviche Salad. I love the Carnitas Tortas, Oh... don't skip dessert: the espresso flan is magnificent. And the wine selection is very nice and reasonably priced. We loved this place...and will be back as soon as possible. One piece of advice: they close on Monday.

1 Thank Piacere_9

Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Great Healthier Alternative”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Happened to see a sign on the road for this cafe and decided to check it out. To my husbands dismay, I try to seek out healthier alternatives to dining out and this looked like it might fit the bill. The atmosphere is very casual and it is a small place which is nice. Service was friendly but could be more attentive.

We started with an order of the street corn which was simply delicious! A must try. We shared the avacado shrimp ceviche salad, an order of roasted Brussel sprouts and an order of fish tacos. Everything was great except the fish tacos. Stay away from those. Even the look of them when they arrived was unappealing. I think myself a fish taco expert and I try them just about everywhere I go and these have a lot to be desired. But everything else was really good and when we left we left with the satisfaction of knowing we had a delicious, filling and healthy lunch. Wish we could have gone back for dinner. There are some intriguing things I would like to try. Maybe next time I'm in town.

Visited August 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Veggie Gyros - Yum”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Café Verde is great little restaurant that is vegetarian and vegan friendly. The veggie gyros are my favorite. Great food, great service and cozy place to enjoy lunch or dinner.

Southlake, TX
“Expected a better experience.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My daughter and I went when she came to NSB for a visit. The menu had a lot of vegetarian selections. Salads looked great. We split an order of veg tacos, which were tasty. Service was TERRIBLE. Server didn't check back to see if meal was ok. Didn't bring extra plate. Forgot our sweetener for iced tea. We had to hunt him down for our check.

Orlando, Florida
“Love them Plantains”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Part of the charm of going to New Smyrna is being able to get a nice lunch while strolling along Flagler Avenue. Of course, there are the old favorites including Breakers, but the new kid, Café Verde offers an excellent choice with some great tasting dishes. I have particularly enjoyed the new bowls they offer and for sides the plantains are always excellent as well as the asparagus and brussels sprouts. It's unfortunate that the outdoor tables are basically in the parking lot, but aside from that, Café Verde is a great new addition to New Smyrna.

• Visited July 2013