“Tiny place but great food!”
Review of Cafe Verde

Cafe Verde
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Have been to NSB many times but didn't know about this place until I saw it on Trip Advisor . We tried to go on a Monday but they are closed. Ended up at Mi A more next door. It is very good also. ButCafe Verde had such a different style menu--sort of a mix of Caribbean and Mexican and Cuban. My husband and I both loved our food and will go back. Beer and wine only--no bar.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am a local here in NSB and with the opening of Cafe Verde I eat there twice a week and bring friends and family from out of town there to try. It is a great concept and tasty food~ I have eaten almost everything on the menu and have each item is different & unique. We have many great restaurants in this town but this is quality and tasty food and inexpensive. I love the Sangria also. It is quaint and full of flavor.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The food even tastes better than it looks -- and the presentation makes it look very,very good. Nice fresh ingredients & a varied menu have something for virtually any foodie. The servers are friendly. The place has an open kitchen, is small, but laid out so you don't feel cramped. We wish we had this find back home!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just returned from the Cafe Verde. We were not too impressed. We started with the sampler salsas & chips. Everything seemed pretty bland. My husband ordered the chicken chipolte torta and Mediterranean patato salad, my husband was happy with both and I will say the torta for $6.00 was a lot more food than the mini tacos for $6.00. Our daughter ordered the chicken tacos, I had the fish tacos which we both shared. There were 3 miniture tacos on each plate with nothing else. Our daughter and I found both the fish and chicken tacos to be very dry and bland. I asked for additional seasonings. We all ordered the tortillia soup. It was ok but pretty bland as well. There were no black beans in the soup which might have helped. We all ordered the flan for only $3.00 each. My expresso flan was excellent but my husband and daughter's chocolate flan was harder and dryer. We felt that it had been sitting too long in the frig. We were disappointed as we had read the reviews and were impressed. We had just a few hours with our daughter while the grandkids were visiting with the other grandparents so we were hoping for a nice meal to end her weeks vacation here at the beach.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I live in New Smyrna Beach, FL, so know the local restaurants intimately, there's not a whole lot of top notch choices in thinking. Spanish River Grill is excellent, but loud and pricey and very crowded. Mahoney's is fun for the pub atmosphere and the unique steamed seafood stews, but it's a bar really, with a couple of picnic tables outside and maybe 8 booths and tables inside, plus the bar. But, Cafe Verde, oh my! I'd eat there 2x a day if I could (they don't serve breakfast). I consider myself a creative healthy cook and CV is like my best efforts. Not many restaurants in my opinion can beat a fresh local foods home-created meal, but CV manages this with ease. The menu is not huge, I like that, it means they take pride in refining their specialties. I'd say it is Nouveau Mexican at it's best. Did I make that term up, maybe; here's what I mean. Tacos, Ceviche, unique Salads, but with a healthy local food approach: fresh herbs, clean piquant flavors. There are Gyros for the sandwich lover and some simply decadent Mexican desserts like Flan and Bananas Foster to top off your meal. My fave? The shrimp ceviche salad, I could eat it two times a day!! Half an avocado, shrimp, tiny little cubes of watermelon, lovely lettuce and herbs, and two different light dressings, mmmmm. Don't miss the Yuca fries with garlic/lemon oil dip, OMG, to die for. I throw all caution to the wind when they are in front of me. I have company coming soon and we'll eat there at least a couple of times. Did I say how reasonable the prices are, VERY. Don't miss it if you're in NSB.

2  Thank Lisabrux