“Paddling with dolphins and manatees...Great!”
Review of East Coast Paddle

East Coast Paddle
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in New Smyrna Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: East Coast Paddle is a full service Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Company. We offer one-of-a-kind boat assisted eco-tours, lessons, SUP fishing, yoga, and fitness. ECP is also the largest American Made SUP manufacturer on the East Coast. This allows us to make sure you are on the correct board for your SUP excursion. Let us put you up wind/current via the ECP Boat for a relaxing downwind/current paddle.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Awesome! Taking the boat upwind made it possible to explore so much more without worrying about wind or tides. Great experience! Can't wait to do it again!

1  Thank jtucf
"excellent adventure"
"mosquito bay"
"fun experience"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this to anyone"
in 8 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I knew stand up paddling would be a fun adventure that the whole family including my 5 and 7 year old kids could enjoy but I had no idea how lucky I was to book with East Coast Paddle! If you are interested in family fun, surrounded by nature and being cared for by an incredibly kind and conscientious crew, this is the place for you. We booked our tour on what turned out to be a very windy day. Any other company would have likely taken our money and sent us out to battle the elements but ECP took into account our ages, abilities and the conditions and revamped their schedule to make sure we had an incredible experience including paddling along side dolphins and manatees! It was amazing and something none of us will ever forget! Can't wait to get back to NSB and do it again!

1  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Standup Paddleboarding - SUP - is the "in thing" for vacationers in watery areas, with most everyone able to enjoy this easy and peaceful sport. What a wonderful way to get on the water, see new locations, discover wildlife up close, and partake of the outdoors, pretty much no matter your athletic ability.

East Coast Paddle in New Smyrna (with two new locations, so check their website) offers a wonderful, fun, and peaceful way to see the area near and in the Canaveral National Seashore, on SUPs they build themselves.

East Coast Paddle has their own 5000 sq.ft. factory where they build their earth friendly boards, created to allow for a great ride, and built to handle the needs and interests of the rider: cruising, surfing, and other styles.

SUPing is a fairly easy sport very literally requiring you stand and paddle. If you're doing it right, you'll actually come away with a great workout, but not necessarily the worst sore aches you might find in other sports. I hurt my foot surfing last year and my stress fracture remains, causing me discomfort after a while standing in one spot, so I sit down and still enjoy the ride. Sit down whenever you need and its still a wonderful way to see the area.

Tours are along the shore area or back in a more wilderness feeling area, tide allowing, with plenty of birds on hand. But keep your eyes peeled. We had dolphin around us, two surfacing right next to Laura, and a mama manatee and baby we watched.

SUPing is a great way to get a workout or just a peaceful way to enjoy the waters and ECP is a great company to do it with.

** Note that for our tour we left from JB's fish restaurant, so there were bathrooms and food. I cannot speak to other launch locations. Also, there is a boat they use to get you to/from locations. They will work with you if you're having issues - the boat can pick you up if you're tired. Also, they take and provide you free of charge photos of the day.

2  Thank RoriTravel