“Where else can you see a manatee in your...”
other travelers have booked this property
master bedroom dining area
playing in the river
2nd bedroom
new smyrna beach
Ponce Inlet Lighthouse park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sharon H
Boston, United States
“Where else can you see a manatee in your backyard?”
Reviewed September 3, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The best part of this house is the canal which is about 20 feet from the back door- we saw manatees playing, fish jumping, all sorts of huge birds catching those jumping fish and my son caught fish after fish when he fished off the edge of the canal.

I have stayed at many vacation rentals and never was there more accomodating features as this one... dish detergent, laundry detergent, plenty of toilet paper, towels, soap, etc.

It is a very Floridian style house in looks and layout. If you are look for modern and new this isnt it but if you want old school Florida at its best try this place.

My only criticism... the mosquitoes were the worst... we really could only be outside in the very early morning or we were bitten alive, my son got so many bites he looked like he had chix pox. And they kept getting in the house no matter how careful we were. We asked the locals though and they told us it was because it was the rainy season and it is not always like that.

Sep 4, 2017
Glad you had a good time! I wish I had more control over the mosquitoes!! There are usually just a few times a year when they are bad. Hope to see you again! Mandy
newyorker...
syracuse,ny
“Nice Mobile Home on Mosquito Lagoon”
Reviewed March 21, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This two bedroom-two bath mobile home is located on Mosquito Lagoon in Oak Hill,Fl. There were two tv's (Living room & master bedroom). Large living room with sofa bed. Good size kitchen and dining area. Full size fridge and electric stove/oven. All utensils and dishes,silverware supplied. Linens also. It was very quite here. Park right in the driveway. Mandy, the owner was very helpful, even though we did not get a chance to meet her. We would recommend eating at the "30th Street Eatery & Pub". This place is close to Edgewater, New Smyrna Beach, and Daytona Beach. We definitely would come back

Apr 1, 2017
I'm glad you had a great time, hope to see you again!
lgigi
“A manufactured home”
Reviewed July 20, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Not near the beach, a manufactured home, low ceilings, washer & dryer outside in a shed. No hair blow dryer. Towels smelled. Air conditioning mediocre. Killed a roach in bedroom. Left a day early and booked a place near the beach. Got scared when knock on the door & was the owner.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 21, 2016
Lori, I am sorry you were not happy at my vacation rental. I try to make sure that the description of my rental is accurate and even state in the description that it is 15 minutes from New Smyrna beach. Thank you for the suggestion of adding a hair dryer. Here in Florida we do get the occasional bug that finds its way in. I believe that the photos show at accurate depiction of the interior of the home. Mandy
g8rgrl15
Leesburg, Florida
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 19, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I were stunned by how nice this little gem was. The owner, Mandy was very nice also. When we got unpacked and situated, we didn't want to leave.. Kitchen was an open kitchen and spacious and there were so many manatees and porpoise EVERYWHERE...It was awesome.. my little girl was amazed.. Will definatley be back to this place!

Your age range 35-49
May 20, 2016
So glad that you enjoyed your stay, look forward to seeing you again!
Maria S
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed here the weekend of July 17, 2015 and loved it. The house was very clean and very comfortable. It is in a very nice and quiet area. Great area for the pets. I took my two little dogs and they loved being out in the deck. The house is about 10 to 15 minutes away from the beach but it is nice to come back to the quiet when you have been at the beach. Mandy was very prompt in answering my questions via text or email. We had forgotten to buy our coffee to make in the mornings and I just happen to mention it to Mandy when I asked where the nearest store was and a few minutes later she came by with a bag of coffee. I thought that was so nice of her to do that and to save us a trip to the store. We are 100% pleased with this rental and we will definitely be renting again when we come back. We also plan on recommending this to our friends when they decide to go to New Smyrna Beach. A+++++++++

Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Realblond...
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Relaxing”
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

This was a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bath house. Very close to everything but far enough away so you felt like you were on vacation. It is very pet friends and we were very comfortable leaving our dogs when we went out to dinner. We were also able to visit Daytona, Ponce Inlet, Cocoa Beach the space center and be able to come back to the house every afternoon. The canal was very relaxing. We were able to catch a few cat fish but the best part was the manatee. we had a huge manatee come right up to us on the dock. I named him Monty he left for a short time then brought back the mommy and baby. They all played in front of the dock for about an hour. This was my first sighting of a manatee. We would highly recommend this little piece of East Coast Paradise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: relaxing and watching the manatee in the canal
Liked least: the yard wasn't fenced or the deck wasn't fenced securely for the pets
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
karly8211
South Bend, Indiana
“LOVED IT!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had such an awesome stay! We loved everything about the rental! Perfect location, and super cozy!! Cant wait to come back out and stay some more!!!

Liked best: the location
Liked least: absolutely nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing