Coastal Waters Inn
$170
BestWestern.com
$173
$159
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
$218
$209
Travelocity
Nocturne Motel(New Smyrna Beach)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
Buena Vista Inn(New Smyrna Beach)
All reviewsno elevatorolder propertydirectly across the streetnice sizecomforts of homesmall hotelpull out sofanice poolclean roomsnice stayfirst floorfull kitchenoceanbeachhousekeepingkitchenetteblinds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice location. Pool and outside area seemed nice although it was too cool for us to use. Room was clean but rather tight. Bed and bedding good. Carpet was new. Shower good, Furnishings were only fair for the 2 bed room we had. Could use another chair and maybe a small table. Staff seemed very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GarySHarpersfield
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Coastal Waters Inn is a great location right on the beach at New Smyrna Beach. It has a nice patio and pool area with a clean and pretty environment. The price is reasonable for the season. The staff is very friendly. Downside is that they do not have a laundry on site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Pros: absolute beachfront. Stayed in room 116. Good price for king bed, living room and full kitchen..$134. Half day rates too for late checkout until 5:00 pm. Free wifi and very clean pool.

Cons: no laundry facilities. Room has non-functioning hairdryer, ceiling fan, floor fan, bathroom door does not close. Reported items to front office and received reply from male "hmm guess I'll tell the maintainance guy. Probably the breaker". Explained to him that missing equipment parts are not breaker related". The reply was another hmmmmm.

New coverings on furniture and new flat screens so it's obvious the owners are trying.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay in New Smyrna Beach. This location was recommended to us by several review web searches. There was no location near or far I've could have stayed for the price I was offered by Coastal Waters. This place is not the newest one but is is clean and well maintained, there is coffee in the lobby, you get a newspaper every morning, my room is renovated in a modern design and clean, we have a huge television in the living room and a smaller one in the bed room, the room service is as good as any place and all your needs are happily complied with. The fact that this place is direct on the beach and a few feet from the "no drive" beach located is a big plus. The nights are very quiet at this time (mid January) and not a lot of action is going on during the day. We've been traveling all over the globe and if you are looking for a budget friendly and clean place to stay you've found it.

Room Tip: This place has no elevator but has only 3 floors. With a few exceptions all room locations are parallel to the beach with easy parking access
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A friend and I were in New Smyrna Beach late last night. At around 2am, we decided to get a hotel to sleep for a few hours before heading backing to Orlando. I called and asked if there were discount rates for shorter time periods. The person said "No, try another motel."

All the other hotels were booked, so I called back within 10 minutes and said we would take a room even though it would cost $99 and we only wanted a few hours of sleep. At this point, she said she wouldn't rent us a room. I asked why, but she didn't say. She implied indirectly that she thought I was with a prostitute. She said, "We don't rent for those kinds of purposes," in a condescending tone.

I feel sorry for the late-night manager who has to stay up late and deal with weird calls. However, to be denied service based on her assumptions is very offensive and discriminating. I am world traveler and I have been to over 20 countries; asking if there is a short-term rental is common in many parts of the world. It was an odd question, but I was banking on the old adage, "It never hurts to ask." If the clerk is worried about the intentions of the room, why doesn't she ask every guest the purpose of their stay?

My friend and I ended up driving back to Orlando because the other hotels were booked. It's a dangerous drive at 2am and we would have felt much safer if we spent the night in a hotel and then woke up early in the morning.

Room Tip: There are a lot more hotel options to stay in Daytona Beach. New Smyrna Beach is a great place to go late at night, but it seems Coastal Waters is more concerned about judging people and denying service than giving people the benefit of the doubt and increasing revenue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank globetrotterz100
kdnsb, General Manager at Coastal Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments, however, after researching the details and speaking with our Night Manager the presentation presented is not completely clear. First, to title your comments as "discrimination", I find very misleading for any reviewers to read on this site.

The facts of the matter do not consist of discrimintation, however, they do consist with you calling our establishment at approximately 12Am and requesting and attempting to rent a room for an "hour" and also requesting to pay a discounted rate for this time. Our Night Manager advised you at this time that we do not rent rooms by the "hour" and that the rate can not be doscounted. The call ended and you called back approximately 2 hours later (2AM), requesting the same accommodation, however, it was the same Night Manager and they recognized your voice and the call was ended again. You called back a 3rd time at approximaetly 4AM and again requested to rent the room for a few hours at our normal rate, of course, by this time our Night Manager is feeling very leery and uneasy. The presentation you post onlne was not the same that you presented to our Night Manager during any of your calls. I think one can understand the concern and uneasiness that our Night Manager was feeling when all they were being asked initially was to discount a room and only rent it for an "hour".

I certainly apologize to you for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your visit to New Smyrna Beach.