“Renovations make this a good option!”
Review of Coastal Waters Inn

Coastal Waters Inn
evanston
“Renovations make this a good option!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our family recently stayed at Coastal Waters, and based on some of the older reviews we were quite nervous. However, we had two newly renovated connecting rooms and we were very happy. The outside was freshly cleaned and painted, our rooms were newly updated, and a painting crew was working on other rooms while we were there. The pool was spotlessly clean. The staff is super friendly and the kitchen appliances were very clean. The location is good--right on the beach and not far from Flagler to the north and the part of the beach where there are no cars to the south. As other reviewers have noted, the property is older so the rooms are on the smaller side, but we slept comfortably and were happy to be able to have the kitchen to have breakfast food.

Room Tip: ask if you will be in an updated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steve L l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cleveland
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at Coastal Waters Inn for a week and it was the best value we found in the area. Under $800 for a 1 bedroom condo suite and the building is directly on the ocean. The property is older, however, the room was spotless and all of the staff we met were very friendly. We enjoyed being able to walk right down to the beach and you can even see the beach from the pool area. Looks like they were finishing up painting the exterior of the building, which looks good and fresh. We also liked the fact that our room had a kitchen, since we did eat-in a few nights during our week, which was nice. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and many more within a 5 minute drive. Flagler avenue for shopping was less than 10 minute drive too. I will definately consider this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Request ground floor, if you don't do stairs well. There is no elevator. Building is shaped in...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph N
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I were on vacation in Florida and spent 3 nights in Orlando and 3 nights in New Smyrna Beach. At first I was a bit apprehenisve about the Coastal Waters Inn, since it was the last available place to live and there were no images of the rooms etc. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised at how homely and convenient the Inn turned out to be. It was extremely comfortable and had all the amenities a home away from home can have. We were able to save a lot of money on food as we were able to cook our own meals and lounge around the living area as if we were at home. I will highly recommend this inn to anyone wanting a comfortable vacation. The decor was very caribbean and quite becoming!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rona M
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I had to temporarily move out of my house, due to mold issues. Funny, I'd been wanting a mini vacation on the beach all summer. Coastal Waters was the only small hotel in the area, that actually answered their phone, otherwise, I would have stayed elsewhere. I'm glad they did. For value, location and convenience, I rate this hotel very highly. The staff was friendly, except for the one time I locked myself out of the room. The on call person was clearly put out. Also, there was no maid service my last day there. I attribute that to the fact that I kept changing my mind about staying. I originally was going to stay one night. I ended up staying 4. I'm told I'll have to move out during remodeling. I WILL, be going back to Coastal Waters.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Paula E
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The first thing I noticed when I opened the door with a key smiliar to a house key was that their was an overwhelming scent of cheap perfume and dirty socks in the hotel room. After the strong cheap perfume scent subsided, the room just smelled like dirty socks. Since my husband and I were down for the Space Shuttle Launch all of the hotels were nonvacant for miles. So I decided to suck it up and stay my two nights there. I have traveled a lot and this by far has been the worst and most disgusting hotel stay I have ever experienced.

The sheets were sticky and hot. The a/c worked poorly. The toilets were dirty. And everything it the hotel room was filthy. The beach is insane with all of the cars and trucks driving on it. Not to mention they have had numerous children killed on the beach due to crazy drivers running them over.

The price of the hotel was $129.00 per night and I have to say that it isn't even worth $30 dollars per night. They have a Walmart and a few restaurants near by but no Starbucks for miles.

In conclusion, I will never say at this hotel ever again. From now on a hotel that doesn't have decent photos of their rooms will forever be a red flag for me.

Room Tip: Make sure the hotel you choose is at least 3 stars!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pinkmacprincess

Travelers are raving about these New Smyrna Beach hotels

NYC Metro Area
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed here a couple years back in a pinch when friends didn't have room for us. What a mistake.

For starters, the bed was uncomfortable and sagging, shower was tiny (is in it was hard not to touch at least two walls at once), toilet was crammed into the small bathroom. Carpets were filthy, tv was small.

The front office people were just nasty - really for no reason - I think just bitter at the world. And we felt this way at check in, BEFORE they gave us a rate that was 30% more than the rate we agreed to on the phone. They gave the line that the manager needed to adjust it, but of course the manager wasn't there. I was really surprised that they'd be so blatently dishonest.

On a plus, the pool was clean looking (but small), location is fine with easy access to the beach, parking is ample.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank berk21
New SMyrna
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed in an ocean view suite that accommodated my family of 5. We had such a great unit with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was immaculate. Cleanliness of the units would be graded as an a plus. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They were there to help with all our needs. The place has turned around since Ocean Properties took over. There are no more "no's" thrown in your face all the time. The place has been refurbished, painted and beautifully landscaped. We would definetley visit again. Very nice, inexpensive vacation on New Smyrna Beach at The Coastal Waters Inn.:)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family