“Best Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Fenton, Illinois
“Best Seafood”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Since this had such high ratings I had to go there soon after arriving in New Smyrna. It was as good as everyone said. I had the grouper-grilled-as a meal. Delicious. I liked the cole slaw and pasta salad also. Shelly at the counter was almost overwhelmed with all the business but she was kind and considerate to the customers. Then I took someone's suggestion to buy some crab salad and blue crab dip and wow, also delicious. I am going back.

• Visited December 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had lunch here and what great food. It is small and not fancy but the food is outstanding. I had the best fried oysters and my husband ordered Halibut that was so moist and cooked to perfection. Again, this is not a fancy place. Food is served in styrofoam plates but the most fresh, excellent tasting seafood you will eat

Visited December 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“The Best chicken salad!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Ok, it sounds crazy, but Ocean's has the best homemade chicken salad around. Of course, their fish and seafood selections are fantastic. We have never been disappointed in our fresh fish and shrimp purchases, or in their menu items. Love their Caesar salad.

Visited May 2013
Windermere, Florida
“can't remember the last time i had seafood this tasty”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

after a morning spent exploring new smyrna dunes park, we were hungry for seafood but not interested in spending a lot of money or time. this place was exactly what we were looking for... fresh, local seafood in a unpretentious environment.

our food arrived about 10 minutes after we ordered. i had the grouper sandwich with fries and my husband tried the seafood sampler with fries and potato salad. we split a slice of key lime pie and a fountain soda. with a nominal tip (you clear your own table and get your own drink) our bill came to just under $35.

the taste and quality of the seafood was legendary. i have never had grouper so fresh in my life, and the portion was huge! the fries were also great. likewise, my husband was blown away by the quality of his seafood sampler, which came with large portions of grouper, scallops and shrimp. we ordered both entrees as grilled but they also offer the option of having your selection blackened or fried. the key lime pie was also incredibly tasty; we especially liked the crust.

keep in mind that this is primarily a seafood market and take away establishment, so the seating area is small and not fancy. also, the food arrives in styrofoam containers, which i hate, but i suppose they want to keep things simple and only buy one type of container (nor do dishes).

considering the quality and portion sizes, we found our meal to be a great value and definitely worth the drive from orlando!

• Visited November 2013
Fort Lonesome
“Consistantly good, worth the drive”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Ocean's is always on our dining list when we visit the east coast. We were actually staying in Ormond Beach and took the leisurely drive on RT 1 to New Smyrna with the intent of having lunch at either Norwood's or Ocean's. And since my companion had never been to either, I suggested that anyone can go to a popular restaurant (and I love Norwood's), it's an experience to eat in a seafood market. So, we went to Ocean's. Since we are both small portion diners, I suggested we split the fried shrimp lunch....excellent choice and one we could handle. The trip to the restroom is also an adventure. We picked up a serving of frozen "She Crab Soup" on the way out to have for dinner. Yum

• Visited November 2013