“Charming server, mediocre food.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tayton O'Brian's Irish Pub and Grille

Tayton O'Brian's Irish Pub and Grille
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Tayton O'Brians Irish Pub and Grille offers the best homemade food and full menu served from 12pm till 2am seven days a week. We have 14 taps and over 200 beers in the bottle. Many beers, wines, ciders and others to choose from. Daily food and drink specials such as Monday wing night 59 cent wings from 4pm-2am, Tuesday All you can eat Corned Beef and Cabbage from 4pm-2am and $3 Pint Night from 9-11 pm, Wednesday All you can eat Fish N Chips from 4 pm-2 am and Karaoke at 9 pm with $10 P.B.R. buckets, Thursday night is Throwback Thursday's with 80's & 90's music and $3 domestics, $3 craft beer pints and $3 wines 9 pm- 1am. Live music Friday, Saturday. Sunday Fun day with $2 domestics, $1 off all drafts and 50% off all apps 9pm- 12am. St. Patty's Party every 17th of every month!!
Portland, Oregon
“Charming server, mediocre food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It was hit & miss . I had the corned beef - which was tough and julienned cut (!) and very very bland cabbage . The mashed potatoes were excellent & peppery . My partner had fish & chips. The fish was good & fried in a light crisp batter.

The French fries were ho hum. But it was a pleasant evening & we enjoyed our energetic server who seemed to be carrying the entire restaurant on her shoulders. That included the bar.

1 Thank trawlerdoxie

Toronto
“Cute pub for late nite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Had too much fun during the day! Realized that we didn't have dinner at 930, all places closed at 9pm September :(

Surprisingly cute pub still open with freshly cooked food, we ordered spicy wings, fish and chips,very tasty ! Friendly staff, karaoke offered too if you want to sing!

Fun to hang around, just don't follow us to order dessert, we ordered cream cheese cake, not recommended:) should've just carry on with another Guinness Draught!

Orlando, Florida
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Been in many times and ever time it's great, fresh and great portions!!
Food is served all night and have so many beers to choose from!!!

Titusville, Florida
“Great food and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant and it was fantastic! Service was very good and the food was wonderful. We had several appetizers and then their shepherds pie (beef). It was absolutely the best we have ever had. Can't wait to get back there to try some of their other dishes. Everything is made daily and fresh and it is easy to tell that is true by the quality of the food. Highly recommended!!!

1 Thank Gccinfla
Orlando, Florida
“Great beer selection but food needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Looking for a nice local New Smyrna Beach joint to share an evening with friends, we settled for Tayton O'Brian's. It was Friday night at 7pm but we were the only ones there. It made us wonder why.

I was impressed by the beer selection but needed a magnify glass to see all the options printed too small for me. I asked the server for an option akin to the Double Chocolate English Stout I was accustomed to drinking. He brought me a sample of Crème Brule English Stout, which tasted just like the yummy dessert so I and one of our friends opted to try a pint. The drink was smooth, although a little sweet, and had a fiery kick. They also had a limited wine selection for other friends at the table.

Then we ordered food, which was a mistake. The fish and chips were bland. Although the fish portion was fine, I was lucky if I had ten fries and they were limp at best. The Irish Stew faired better but was such a small portion, my husband tucked into one of my fish pieces.

I suggest sticking to drinking at this pub. If they ever improve on their "pub food" I think more folks will look at them in a different light.

• Visited August 2013