“So disappointed...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Breakfast Lunch Dinner Historical Down Town New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Let me start by saying we had hoped to love this cozy restaurant on lovely historic Canal Street in NSB. It's a nice bicycle ride from our home so we gave it 3 tries before vowing to never return. We are new full-time residents & the last time we visited we took my in-laws out for brunch. That was the worst visit to Jason's of all. Your waitresses are lukewarm at best. The last visit we arrived a good 10 min. before 1pm, we waited quite some time for someone to seat us inside, even though it wasn't busy. We were seated before one but when we finally received menus it was 1:03. I joked about it being too late for breakfast and the waitress said that it was. Seriously? The cutoff she said was 1pm -period, I asked her to check with the chef since we had been here for ten min already.She looked terrified to even ask him/her and quickly came back with a curt "No". Not even a sorry. So we ordered BLTs...close enough. The sandwiches were served on white bread & the bacon was essentially "Bac-o's" - like you'd see in a jar for on top of salad. My husband's Chef salad was a meager serving of limp gray lettuce topped with a few slices of ham and cheese - Fast food would have been an upgrade. SO DISAPPOINTED! Great location, great opportunity to become the local spot...but the food is poor at best and the service even poorer. Shame on you for making your waitresses afraid to ask for breakfast 3 min after the cut-off. I understand that it has to end sometime but really?? Please get your act together - we want to see this spot succeed.

There are newer reviews for Jason's Corner

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Jason's corner is never a disappointment. My husband and I just went and I got the seafood gumbo...it was AMAZING! my husband got the seafood augratin...ate every bite! Our waitress was so sweet and very attentive. Outstanding wine list.... I would highly reccomend Jason's corner! Five star!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went for lunch and ordered sandwiches the bread was the cheapest you can buy the sandwiches something you would expect from a fast food outlet, but more expensive. Server was rude. Very disappointing. There are better.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

While visiting New Smyrna, we asked hotel desk clerk for a lunch recommendation and Jason's was among the suggestions. It was a delight.

It's a small venue with a broad and eclectic menu. Service was prompt and friendly and the food quality was really terrific. The price was also modest.

I would make this a "must visit" on any subsequent trip to the area.