“Wow..Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Palms Beach Resort 2

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Coconut Palms Beach Resort 2
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Freehold NJ
“Wow..Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

Super place..Great staff..Came right away when I had a problem with the ice maker..Very easy towel exchange..Wi stay here again..Might even buy here..close to everything..

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank Chuckpat1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lake Forest, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

let's just say I did have a good time.

I arrived to the hotel late in the evening and proceded to check-in without a hitch. The reception staff was very receptive and helpful. She was as much interested in where I arrived from as I was to see where I had arrived.

She checked me in and I went to my room. The room was the closest to the reception area than any room I have ever had at any hotel. The good news was I could not here any of the noise outside. The bad news was the room smelled like smoke. I immediately went to the front desk as it really was so close and asked if there was anything to freshen up the room. She told me that it most likely smelled the way it did, because it had been closed up all day. She also was able to provide me with a kind of generic Febreze, which was nice.....after spraying the whole room, its belongings and pushing open the window and sliding glass door the room began to smell better and feel more comfortable.

In the morning, I proceded to go out by the pool and have fresh coffee and donuts. The refreshments were complimentary, however out of respect for any other guests....one coffee and one donut was not quite enough. Please do not get me the wrong way. There was not a limitation to how much you could have, however I did not want to look like a pig. Since we are on the food subject, most evenings the "resort" did serve samples of dinner which may get you a bit full. And, if you still are hungry.....I recommend the bbq restaurant just out the front of the hotel to the right. It is about a block or two (2 minute drive, 10 - 15 min walk).

The beach is nice. It was very flat and you can walk forever if you like.

It was not the best hotel in the world, but far from the worst. I would return if I am in the area.

Stayed October 2006
5 Thank 1place_at_a-time

Travelers are raving about these New Smyrna Beach hotels

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2007

We came down in Thanksgiving week of 2005 for a time share package and presentation with four nights in Orlando and three nights in New Symrna Beach. We enjoyed the place a lot and bought a sampler package which included for us to go back again in 2006 to only New Symrna Beach. We went 9/06 and stayed at the Coconut Palms Resort II which is the main building and loved every minute of it. We were in a one bedroom on the 6th floor which gave us an amazing view of the beach and ocean. The room itself was decorated like you should expect a beach front place to be. It was very clean and comfortable with lots of room for us to feel like home. The staff was amazing and they bent over backwards to make our stay comforatable---from the front desk to the ladies in the pool side hut right on to the maintence staff.

If you want out of the over crowded pace of Daytona or Orlando and enjoy a true small beach community with a quiet friendly pace then New Smyrna Beach is the place for you. The community has pulled together to keep New Smyrna Beach from being over developed. You are only an hour away from Orlando, 20 mintes from Daytona, less then an hour from Kennedy Space Center. We went four days back and forth to Walt Disney World and it was great to leave the OVER CROWDED Orlando area and return every night to our beach front location.

The beaches right infront of the place are clean and not crowded like all the beach car traffic closer to Daytona.

I researched for a year a lot of locations and we loved Coconut Palms Resort II enough we bought a bi-annual odd year timeshare and look forward to returning to vacation or having more trading power to travel to other locations world wide

• Liked — The beach and location---close to everything but not in the middle of everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank tball123
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2007

We swapped into this condo through Interval International, stayed the first full week of January. We were in what they call the Bunglows next to the main tower. They were VERY pleasant. You can see the ocean out the large windows, and walk to their red-brick patio and lounging area in 15 seconds. The units are a little older but well kept. They helpfully rented us a second one for four nights to accomodate our adult children. The association was doing some maintenance on landscaping, some rotten boards here and there, new tiles in some units--workers milling about to do this during the day was the only down side(and very minor, they were quiet and courteous) , but hey, its on the ocean and it needs to be kept after. I'm guessing they're in the last stages of hurrican damage repair. This was our first stay but we'll definitely be back.

Stayed January 2007
10 Thank Carl-n-Summer
Sarnia, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

We went to this hotel and did not stay I felt like I was at a goodwill store with the very outdated furniture and cracked ceramic tiles on the floor. We were told in Kissimee that New Smyrna was the shark bite capital of the world and not to swim in the ocean. We asked the receptionist at the front desk and we were told to be careful of the jellyfish on the beach. I felt like I had to work at this resort instead of relax. It was clean and the cleaners can only do so much, but the maintenance was very poor, the complex seemed very run down. I have no idea how people can say that it was great, I heard the pool was cold also. Would not recommend it. I was willing to drive to another state instead of staying here. The patio furniture on the balcony was very dirty and I would have to put a towel down on the chairs before sitting. Totally not what I was expecting after reading the reviews before I planned my trip.

Stayed December 2006
3 Thank not4sureca
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2006

Had a wonderful week there. 2 bedroom and 2 bath with ocean view. Great quiet walks on the beach. Small town only blocks away with fun shops and food. Resort helpful, very good facilities and friendly. Plan another trip in 2007.

• Liked — Wonderful view quiet.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you don't get unit accross the street.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank coce50
CAMP HILL, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

This resort is the best I have been to so far. The staff is great and the location is just right. The town of New Smyrna is pretty small but it is very nice. The New Smyrna Steak house had very good food, taste and price are about the same of Outback Steakhouse. I was really surpried by all of the activites and free food the resort had to offer. We had a 2 room unit in the Travelers Palm portion of Cocount Palms. Threre were a few minor problems but overall I very happy with the location right on the beach and the staff and food/activites the resort offered. The only thing I did not like is that there is no beach at high tide. But I just did other fun things at that time. Orlando is around and hour and fifteen minutes away. I traded my week at Mountain Laurel resort and Spa through Interval, it was a pretty good trade up! Good times to be had at Coconut Palms Beach Resort!

• Liked — Free Food
  • Disliked — No beach at high tide
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple