“Was worried but worked out great!”

Coconut Palms Beach Resort II
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Def very worried as we are staying via Interval timeshare exchange. Received (In advance and not by request) a bungalow which turned out great. One bedroom was worrisome but the unit had a pull out sofa, and large one bedroom. Locale was great.. def recommend the bungalow as you walk directly out to a sitting area overlooking the ocean. We are def used to high end, large units and as we booked this last minute, it was just fine for a "beach vacay." The units are very bare with amenities. 4 of everything so I would recommend you bring--- beach towels, change (for washer/dryer,) wine opener, solo cups, pool towels are super small, extra pillows as on site ones are not good. We called in advance and for $60 had an umbrella and 2 foldable banana chairs delivered for the week. No vacuum in units, only brooms...We brought extra pillowcases and pillows. Lots of kids "left" toys for sand are located in pool upper deck "bin" to use. Because the internet "is upgrading" go ahead and upgrade your data plan for the month you will be there and save yourself. We had no issues changing our iphones to "hotspots" for our 2 ipads and our kids 2 ipod touches to work. The extra $20 on our cell phone bill in advance was worth it! Lots of cute places to eat nearby - get on tripadvisor for ratings so you are not disappointed!

Room Tip: Be nice..... we tried to check in at 2 and they called us at 2:15 ready to go on a Saturday...

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Girls long weekend at the beach. Pros: great location. Right on beach, all rooms have some sort of beach view. Walking distance to great entertainment area. Restaurants, shops, bars, ice cream etc. felt very safe and family friendly. Publix plaza within 1 mile. Great seating for having your coffee or reading the paper in the morning watching dolphins. 2 pools. Rooms are a bit older, but clean and roomy. A family could stay comfortably for a week. My only complaint would be the beach towels. They were literally the same size as the bath mat. I weigh 120lbs and it did not go all the way around me. It was like drying off with a kitchen towel! So just bring your own. Washer and dryers on premises at your cost. I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Randi W
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great Family Vacation - A nice place very close to the ocean. Plenty of things to do including shopping, restaurants and close to other cities activities. Beach was not very packed which made it nice to visit the busy cities and come back to this nice relaxing resort. Was worried about all the bad reviews but there was nothing wrong with this place. Absolutely a great steal

4  Thank JasonIllinois
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have stayed at Coconut Palms 1 three times before, but this was our first at CBP2.
Turned out we were assigned to the Royal Palms three buildings south. No problem, our expectations were low. Yes the wi-fi is non existant. But our 2 room condo had all we needed and the location is convenient for New Smyrna. Royal Palms is actually quieter and less active than the main building, Coconut Palms 2. But note, parking is terrible! We often had to park across the street at the Pineapple Palms.

Room Tip: Interval timeshare trade is as advertised... Ocean view with nice beach.
1  Thank Lee-and-Baby
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am currently staying at Coconut Palms II, and was quite worried after reading some reviews on this sight. First of all I am in the main building, with a unit on the 3rd & 4th floor. Both units get WIFi no problem. I had told my two 13 year old girls that there was not going to be any internet here, so when we were told there was internet it made for some very happy teens. We have two 1 bedroom units, the 4th floor unit is a corner unit with a full ocean view but seems smaller than our 3rd floor unit with a partial ocean view. Both units are clean and work for our needs. The kitchens are stocked, but they are sparse on glasses, plates ect ( 4 of each ). The 2 pools are nice & clean and the beach is right here and very nice. I booked these as "getaways" through interval at a very good price and feel I am getting good value for my money. I saw some complaints about parking, but I have not had a problem and I have been moving my car several times a day as I am driving the kids back and forth to Space Camp. I have found the staff to be polite and helpful. We had a minor maintenance issue and it was resolved in under 10 minutes. I did try to get quarters from the front desk yesterday to do laundry and they did not have any so I suggest you come with a roll or 2. Overall I would say this is a great place for a family vacation, and if the girls want to go to camp again next summer we will be back.

1  Thank lucynoelle
Reviewed July 14, 2014

after reading the previous reviews on the place I was worried...Upon first impression, the place is nice. We had a partial ocean view. One bedroom. Clean comfortable room. THE WIFI WORKED. Only minor issues with the rooms was that the little kitchen in the room didn't have enough plates or cooking utensils (no pizza cutter or scissors) and the toilet didn't like to flush when needed. The pools are nice and clean. Tiki bar was awesome and convenient

here's my negative part....besides only having 3 washing machines and 3 dryers for the whole facility, and not having toilet tissue when we asked the front desk twice...the big negative was the staff. Maybe all but 2 ladies at the front desk were nice. I've never dealt with so many rude or unfriendly people working in hotels in my life. The folks you go get new sheets and towels from acted like we was inconveniencing them...by just asking for clean sheets. That's really the only disappointing part about our stay, but its a huge one and we will more than likely not be returning because of this.

2  Thank Islandgal904
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked a one bedroom unit at the Coconut Palms Beach Resort II through Interval. We checked in on Saturday night and we were given a bungalow which I was hoping would be really nice as it wasn't in the high rise buildings. We found our bungalow and we were very disappointed.

The kitchen was supposed to have a full size oven but all we had was a cooktop and a convection microwave. The sink was half the size of a regular sink more like a sink in a wet bar. The dining room table was right in front of the bathroom and our bedroom contained a bed and a TV with cabinets on either side of the bed. Washing and drying clothes was 3.00 a load.

We had traded a luxury one bedroom with washer and dryer for this? Went back to the front desk and requested we be moved to another unit in the high rise. We explained that we really needed an oven. They said they were sorry but we couldn't be moved as all the units were full.

In the morning I realized that the view in the bedroom was the lattice fence. Our patio was the area in front of the door and you couldn't even tell you were at the beach. We also didn't have wi-fi which was advertised in their brochure. My husband went to the lobby to get on his computer and noticed people checking in. He asked if we could have one of the rooms available and they could put someone else in our unit. They told him this was not possible as these were Sunday rentals not Saturday.

We were so frustrated I called Interval and they were able to find us a two bedroom condo with a washer and dryer in Orlando. There were no vacancies along the beaches. We decided to move and checked out.

I felt that management just didn't care about us or our needs. We had booked this way in advance. We ever stopped there in April while traveling just to see what this place looked like and the receptionist was very nice and showed is a unit in the high rise building. I don't know what the problem was but I will never go back to the Coconut Palms Beach Resort II,

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
13  Thank Diane D
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#7 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Coconut Palms Beach Resort II? Share your experiences!