“Hit or Miss???”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Hit or Miss???”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this place is location. There is nothing gorgeous about the rooms, as another reviewer has said. Our first two bedroom was dirty and in a very old building, so we complained and they moved us. Second place was much better, but very average. It ain't the Ritz, it's not a flea bitten hotel, just very average with a possibility of really bad rooms.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Washington, NC
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We exchanged our timeshare for a "room". I had called before we exchanged and asked about having a therapy dog. I said she was not a service dog. I was told we could bring her. When we got there we were told no. To make a log story short, we ended putting her in a kennel which cost us close to $200. Betty, at the desk, was most helpful even offering to take the dog to her house. The room was tiny and after contacting Interval they didn't want to do anything. On top of all that, there were just a few people at the resort. This was more of an Interval problem which we plan to drop at the end of our membership. The place is OK but if you get a room, be prepared.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Coconut Palms Resort II is a nice resort. The location is great. Walking distance to great restaurants and shops. Check in was great. The person that helped us couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. I think her name was either Karen or Cheryl. We stayed in room 4311 which has been recentlly renovated. Very nice! Great view of the pool and the beach. The condo had everything that we needed. We were quite pleased.
The only drawbacks that we experienced would be the lack of any reliable wi-fi and a couple days we had no hot water. They say the resort has wi-fi, but it was spotty at best. If you're planning on working while here you may want to connect to one of many services that pop up on your device as you are trying to connect to the Coconut Palms network. As far as the water goes, I don't know what the problem was. Tepid water was the warmest we got. Overall I was very happy with our stay. I would definitely return. If you like a laid back resort with pretty much all the vacation amenities that are necessary, you'll like this resort as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Firsttimer020
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed May 5, 2014

If I could, I would give this 2 1/2 stars instead of 3. Check-in went very smoothly, and our room was even ready ahead of time. But we were placed three buildings down from where we signed in. There were two pools there, but only one small one at our building. All the resort activities took place at the main building. I felt like we were second class citizens, thrown into their overflow building. There was NO housekeeping. The only time we saw any cleaners was when we were checking out. The tile flooring was dirty - you could take a shower and then walk barefoot on the floors. Within five minutes, the bottoms of your feet are almost black. We were short one glass, and when I told the front desk, she said, "Oh, don't worry about it." I swear the facial tissue and toilet paper were 1/2 ply, the thinnest I have ever seen anywhere. There were burn marks on the kitchen counter. There was a pay laundry room, but it cost $1.50 each to wash and dry, and there was no coin change machine. Who carries 12 quarters with them for this? Our neighbor's patio door broke so they couldn't use it and, despite two calls to the front desk, no one came to fix it....just a lot of things that were unattractive or annoying. On the bright side, we didn't spend a ton of time inside the room except for the two days it rained all day. The location is excellent and within walking distance of many quality restaurants. Plus, the resort is right on the beach, where we also spent a lot of time. So pick your poison. It isn't the worst, but come prepared. We will probably come back to NSB, but we will try for availability in another resort first.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-facing room. We didn't and, despite very few people in our building that week...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scotthodge
Maine
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival I found someone else's underwear in plain view. The blanket that was folded in the closet had a fresh food spot on it. Then my son almost stepped on a needle that was on the floor in his bedroom. Every other guest I spoke with had several complaints about odor and cleanliness. The housekeeping staff tried to blame me for the dirty blanket. When I went to exchange my towels during the allotted time there was no one there. The WiFi service there does not work unless you're on the second floor lobby. To say the least I'm very disappointed in the services that I experienced.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New Smyrna Beach hotels

Oakwood, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location can't be beat but the rooms were really bad. They had small kitchens, small beds, completely uncomfortable pull out couches. Small bathrooms. I would recommend New Smyrna but not this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Debra G
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2014

There is no internet. It indicates online that there is free internet, but that is false. I called before making my reservation (booked 5 months in advance and had to pay in full) and asked if there was internet and I was told there was. When I got to the property I found out right away that there was no service. I asked to speak to the manager about the issue and I have yet to be contacted. Don't believe everything you read about this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank T R
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
#6 of 11 in New Smyrna Beach
No photo provided
Nocturne Motel
#8 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Coconut Palms Beach Resort II? Share your experiences!