“Reasonable food, pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Thai Mango

Thai Mango
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very accommodating waitresses. Friendly. Early bird meals 5-6 pm are very reasonable. Lunches too. Food is good. Lovely peaceful background music. Easy evening parking. Only problem is the kitchen size? They can only spit out about two meals at a time. So, as 4 or 5 people it can be awkward with some waiting for others to get their meals. We still go there often. Simple, no fuss. We've tried everything on the early bird menu and settle on fried rice and noodles with veggies as favorites..Friends like sweet and sour. Lots of tofu options. Yay! for vegan happiness. they'll hold the egg for you. Be sure to watch the spiciness level. Good banana dessert.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The dishes we ordered were all very delicious and accommodated a variety of food preferences and dietary considerations.

Happy to have had plenty of food and then some great take-away for another fantastic meal at home.

Happy to discover Thai Mango. A lovely change to have freshly prepared foods. Healthy and tasty.

Our server was very friendly and she was most accommodating.

We look forward to returning again next year and will recommend Thai Mango to friends and family.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Were coming home from the beach and came across this resturant. So happy we did, the food is fresh and tasty. Shared the Fresh Rolls with tofu and they were wonderful, the peanut sauce served along side was great. Then shared the Tom-Kha Bowl of soup and it too was great. I had the Pad Ped Basil, perfectly spiced and it left some heat on the back end. My husband had the Param (steamed spinich topped in a peanut sauce with your choice of protein), it was just perfect the right amount of sweetness and creamyness. We will certainly be back often when we spend the day at the beach! So happy to find such a wonderful Thai place in New Smyrna!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The pineapple fried rice is simply OUTSTANDING. The waitresses are so sweet and accommodating, adding to atmosphere of the overall experience. The wine list is not extensive, but there is tsingtao and singha to enjoy. The pineapple fried rice is a meal in itself, with vegetables, chicken, shrimp, water chestnuts and the whole like served on top of a half a pineapple. It is like having dinner and dessert all in one! I usually have the shrimp rolls appetizer first, and then devour the rice as my meal. I just cannot speak highly enough of this place! I am sure to go here every time I visit New Smyrna Beach!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We met some friends here who wanted to come here because a friend recommended it to them. On the street parking was no problem on a late Monday afternoon. The atmosphere is simple with brick walls and booths. We were seated promptly and drink orders were taken.

My wife and I shared a steamed dumpling appetizer which was excellent. My wife remarked that it was one of the best she has had. The dipping sauce which was soy based was a bit spicy, but enjoyable.

The main lunch course was quite extensive, and you could pick from it and decide if you wanted beef, pork, chicken or tofu added to it.

My wife ordered the Pad Ginger with chicken, and she enjoyed very much. Everything was fresh, cooked just right and tasty. This was rated as mild, but it had a bit more of spice than you would have expected.

I ordered the Pad Kee Mow with tofu. It was excellent! The noodles were done just right as were the veggies. The sauce was very good and had substance to it. The spicy rating was two stars which is medium. I would hate to see what three stars would bring! It was pretty spicy, but I enjoy spicy food, so it was no problem. I usually order meat, so the tofu was an experiment. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My wife tasted it and liked it as well. When I think of tofu I think of it having the consistency of mozarella balls. This was very nice, and if you feel adventurous you might want to try it.

The menu is quite extensive and a lot of choices. You also have early bird specials, so you could make a lot of trips here and have something different every time. There are some things that you might want to know:

1) Service is not fast. There is a sign that tells you that your selection is cooked to order, so be patient. That being said our server was slow to bring us refills on drinks as well. Plan on sitting here a bit longer than most other places.

2) If you don't like spicy you will have a problem! My wife's dish was supposed to be mild, and it had a zip to it as did our friends' orders. The dumpling's sauce was not listed as spicy, but it was. I am not sure they can take out all of the zip in the selections, but you might want to inquire about it if you are sensitive. The spice is indicated by stars. Mine was two stars, and my lips and mouth were burning!

If I lived closer to this place I would explore it more. We have recommended to friends who live closer because we really liked it. You like spicy? Like Thai? Feel adventureous? Give it a try!