“Good Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My buddy had eaten here a couple of times while in NSB before I arrived and said it was good so we went. The service was excellent and friendly. I had a Thai iced tea which the waitress described as "strong" and "sweet" but I didn't think it was that strong when mixed with the cream that sitting on top of the tea in the glass. It was so tasty I had my buddy, who hates tea, try it and he even liked it. We both ordered a curry which had great flavor and was just hot enough for our palates. We both like hot food and often add hot sauce but didn't have to add anything to the curry. The accompanying rice was presented on a separate plate domed with a carrot floret on top. We weren't sure if we added the curry to the rice or vice versa but we eventually added the rice to the bowl of curry and that worked. We were going to eat there again after the 500 but it is, unfortunately for us, closed on Sunday.

1  Thank timetraveler8

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped in after a movie, on a Saturday night, about 9:30pm and the place was empty. We ordered appetizers, soup, and salad, as we were not that hungry. The fresh rolls were tasty, but my problem was with the accompanying peanut sauce-it was so hot & spicy I could not enjoy it. The same sauce was meant for the salad as well-not enjoyable at all. My mouth was burning so that I had to drink water & ate two sugar packets. I asked the waitress if they had some peanut sauce that wasn't so spicy and was told no. It was unfortunate that the sauce/dressing ruined the meal.
The steam dumplings didn't seem that fresh and the chicken filling had an off taste-were they microwaved? The fried tofu app was bland but prepared ok.
My husband sent his soup (Tom Yum) back-he said it was the worst version of that soup that he had ever had, and it was so salty that it was not edible. My husband is Asian and he knows good soup.

Overall, it is a nicely decorated place with friendly service, but the food is not good. I'll stick with Thai Place off Lee Rd Winter Park if I am desiring Thai.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Staying in town for a week, we were disappointed in our first two dinners out. Since we love thai food, we decided to try this place. Excellent choice!
We like our food very mildly spiced, and it was perfectly done after telling the waitress about our preference (you can specify any level of spiciness).
Their early bird menu (5-6 PM) is a great deal at only $8.50. This includes a spring roll! Even though the portion is smaller than the regular dinner size, we both left quite full. Why spend more for a larger portion if it's too large to finish anyway??
The decor is not "thai", although it is OK. And its location on Canal St is pretty dead at night (unlike Flagler!), but that means parking is easy!
All in all, highly recommended.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I want Thai food when I go to get Thai food. It tasted more like chineese food. Just my opinion. I drive 45 miles away for Thai food now

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Since Thai is my favorite type of cuisine and I've had some really good Thai food, I may be a bit jaded; that being said, my experience at Thai Mango was just ok.

The service was friendly and efficient, the atmosphere and presentation unremarkable. My husband and I both ordered from the "early bird" menu which, along with two small spring rolls, was the perfect portion size for us. I had the Panang Curry with tofu, one of my favorite dishes. There was an ample amount of tofu but the meal was lacking in vegetables and contained way too much sauce; my vegetables were literally swimming in it. I'm accustomed to much nicer presentation from Thai restaurants. My husband had the Cashew Chicken which was short on cashews but contained more than the usual amount of chicken. He was satisfied but not overly impressed either.

Overall, a decent dining experience but not one I'll be looking to repeat.