“tastes like chineese food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Mango

Thai Mango
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Edgewater, Florida
“tastes like chineese food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I want Thai food when I go to get Thai food. It tasted more like chineese food. Just my opinion. I drive 45 miles away for Thai food now

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Since Thai is my favorite type of cuisine and I've had some really good Thai food, I may be a bit jaded; that being said, my experience at Thai Mango was just ok.

The service was friendly and efficient, the atmosphere and presentation unremarkable. My husband and I both ordered from the "early bird" menu which, along with two small spring rolls, was the perfect portion size for us. I had the Panang Curry with tofu, one of my favorite dishes. There was an ample amount of tofu but the meal was lacking in vegetables and contained way too much sauce; my vegetables were literally swimming in it. I'm accustomed to much nicer presentation from Thai restaurants. My husband had the Cashew Chicken which was short on cashews but contained more than the usual amount of chicken. He was satisfied but not overly impressed either.

Overall, a decent dining experience but not one I'll be looking to repeat.

• Visited December 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“An owner who cares and it shows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is our very favorite restaurant in NSB. Nicole, the owner, is very frequently on the premises making sure everything is done just right. The restaurant offers a comprehensive Thai menu, portions that are more than ample and food that is well and freshly prepared. A fine selection of beers is available to accompany food that can be made as spicy as you like. The range of "flavors" is on the "strong" side of Thai cuisine rather than on the "sweet" side, i.e., it seems as though coconut milk is not the first and/or the predominant ingredient that goes into each dish.

We go regularly and service is almost always worthy of an A+. On one occasion, there were a couple of new waitstaff who didn't seem to have figured out the hospitality business very well. They did not last very long. Nicole knows what she is doing in all aspects of the business!

The building is an old downtown NSB storefront with bare brick walls that are kind of attractive but they do produce a somewhat noisy acoustic environment when lots of tables are occupied. Nonetheless, the food and the service are worth it.

• Visited November 2012
Altamonte Springs, FL
“Great food, nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were really surprized with the quality and delicious food here. We frequent New Smyrna Beach several times a year and Thai Mango is a place we enjoy for special meals.

Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“A Little Taste of Cultured Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very authentic service and flavors. Fresh ingredients and healthy, with very large portion sizes! Ordered tom-kha soup with tofu and a seasonal curry pumpkin chicken special. Would have liked the soup to be a little thicker with more vegetables, but other than that all was very good. Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012