“Prepare to be Pampered”

The Spa at Riverview
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Enjoy the luxurious Spa and unwind in the heated mineral pool and the extra heated therapeutic waterfall pool. The Spa has a wide array of treatments from massages, faciial, mani-pedis, etc.
You can have lunch delivered from The Grill next door. My daughter and I get the facials but you must book way in advance. The Riverview Hotel next door sometimes offers a spa treatment voucher with your stay.

All reviews
"lounged"
"nsb"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Amazing service. Great facials. My favorite part of the day was relaxing by the heated pool with my girls and having a delicious meal & glass of wine poolside.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Since my last review the Spa has new ownership. I have been back four times, so i feel my updated comments are warranted.

There has been a price increase on all services, but no other changes implemented. On my one visit they were so overbooked my services were obviously rushed. There was no place to sit and relax. They encourage guests to "stay all day and enjoy the pools," but there is not enough room to accomodate that gesture. The waiting area has four chairs and a few ottomans. Consequently, it is not uncommon to see people sharing chairs or standing. Most high-end spas have a reaxation area where you can wait or go after your service. If all pool chairs are occupied the overflow is hanging out by the locker rooms and treatment rooms. Conversation has to be kept to a quiet level due to the proximity of the treatment rooms.

As a local who used to be a regular, i will be looking elsewhere. The price increases are not reflective of the services. I do not go to a spa to be rushed through my service because they are trying to cram in as many people as they can. I suggest making an early appointment or late in the afternoon otherwise you are going to get the rushed treatment and will be searching for a place to sit. I have experienced great massages and facials from most of the staff. They do not deserve to lose the local clientele that is needed during non- peak times. The facility just does not support the new pricing in my opinion. I have been to spas all over the world, so i do have comparisons.

1  Thank roadwarrior106
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a full day spa experience...was wonderful. The staff so helpful and professional. Went with my friends and we are making this an annual trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a good place for tourists because of the mineral pools and waterfall. The prices are at the top end of the range for this area but not all the staff is at the high level one would expect at a spa that charges these prices. However most are professional and polite. All around, the facility feels a bit cramped. For example, all the pedicure chairs are jammed into one room with very little space between them. This is fine if you don't mind watching a stranger getting their toenails cleaned. The ladies locker room is relatively small considering the number of clients this place serves. I had to wait outside until someone left because there was no room to move let alone get to my locker. The men's locker room is even smaller and can only accommodate one or two men at a time. And the door opens inward allowing anyone sitting in the adjacent lounge area to have full view of the inside. Not much privacy for the men. The place was clean and well tended and the massage I received was very good. Overall it was a nice experience but not what I would consider outstanding. I won't be returning simply because there are several other spas in the area that offer the same services in a more intimate setting.

1  Thank Carol N