“You've GOT to try this place!”
Review of Taco Shack

Taco Shack
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've been meaning to try this place for a while now and I am SO glad we did.

We tried several different items including tacos, burritos, and mofongo.

Their tacos are nice and full - stuffed with plenty of meat. The pork is fantastic - delicious slow cooked pulled pork. YUM! And the the steak was THE BEST. So flavorful!

The burritos were buy one / get one half price tonight, so we tried chicken and beef. The beef was tasty. The chicken was good, but needed a little hot sauce for my personal taste. They have a red sauce that is out of this world good. It's a little tangy, a little sweet, and a lot delicious.

Last up for us was the mofongo. We had it with shrimp. For those unaware, mofongo is generally made of green plantains that are fried and then mashed up with garlic and oil along with a meat. This stuff was some of the best mofongo I've ever had anywhere. SO much flavor!

Our daughter had a mini quesadilla meal. Great value here. She had the quesadilla, tortilla chips, cookies, an ice pop, and some juice. ALL of this for only about $3!!! And it must have been good. She ate everything!

The outdoor atmosphere is laid back and surfer casual. A great place to go relax and get some good grub. It's worth noting that this is not really what I'd call "authentic Mexican food." It's definitely more like "surfer chow." That said, it's pretty fantastic grub all around. The service is really nice and family oriented.

We all agree we can't wait to come back and try even more of the items here.

2  Thank Triker_Dad
There are newer reviews for Taco Shack

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my first review of ANY place and it's well deserved....the staff is so nice and helpful, so relaxed and good is fantastic!!!!

Had the chicken taco, no frills, but it was THE BEST chix taco ever! The Shackaladas are Amazing with flank steak. I am a well known foodie amongst my crew and they know I would never steer them wrong...best place in NSB ever for food....you WON'T be disappointed!!!

1  Thank megenporter
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I love taco shack! They have a quick lunch and all the food is great. It is very simple and very quick. You can even call your order in and then run and get it!

1  Thank SEOJR
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Honestly, don't know what the fuss is all about. Qdoba, Tijuana Flats, Chipotle, and even Taco Bell is better than here. Went after reading glowing reviews and we were SO underwhelmed. Everything seemed like it came right out of a bag or box - no seasoning whatsoever, bland stale chips / tortilla shells, watery pico that was WAY too heavy on the onions, etc., etc. The seating was fine at the outdoor area...UNTIL a bunch of people who had already eaten stood in the parking lot right next to the seating section and began lighting up. I know it's not the establishment's fault necessarily, but we don't care to be eating our tacos with a side of disgusting cigarette smoke. So, overall, a poor experience and will not return.

1  Thank orlandogal22
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I love this place!!! Whenever I visit New Smyrna, I stop here! Everything I've eaten here is awesome - especially the fried plantains!

2  Thank Caroline M