“Creative Approach to Sushi/Great Service”
Review of NSB Yu-Mi

NSB Yu-Mi
Cuisines: Sushi
Winter Garden, FL
“Creative Approach to Sushi/Great Service”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I dined there alone about 9:00 p.m. on a Wednesday. There was a moderate crowd -- about half full. My server was attentive and courteous.

I asked for and received unfiltered saki, which is all too uncommon in many sushi bars. I followed it with a good miso soup and salad and the larger portion Yu-Mi Chirashi. The presentation was excellent! Instead of the typical round bowl of sashimi over rice, the selections were plated as if art on a canvas. The addition of a spicey tuna salad was a special treat. I followed that with an ell roll, which tased great but would have been better if served warm

The only real downer was the karaoke. It was loud and intrusive -- and the host did not sing on key. It took away from the otherwise exceptional meal and service.

• Visited November 2012

“Awesome fresh sushi, fairly priced, great atmosphere and very friendly staff!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nsb yumi is a genuine sushi bar with amazing food. I was very impressed with my overall dining experience here. The rolls were delicious not to mention the sushi chefs were friendly and treated us first class.
U only have to experience this awesome restaurant one time to know u will be coming back with family and friends.

Edgewater, Florida
“Average, at best......”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went there the night we discovered that Shiki (a little farther south on beachside) had closed. I wanted some sushi. The pieces were tiny, the cold food wasn't cold and the warm food wasn't very warm, let alone hot. My wife ordered fish Katsu. They decided to cyut the fish "filet" into tiny pieces. All that did was make sure that the fish would be cold. Not any of the atmosphere that Shiki had.The only advantage this reataurant had over Shiki was that you drove past it before you got to Shiki. The food couldn't compare..........

Visited October 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
“Worst sushi ever”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have eaten at sushi bars from new york to New smyrna,tokyo to L.a. The peices of fish on these rolls were SOOO small you pinky fingernail is bigger.Maybe they were ttrying to maximize profit,who knows. When I confronted our server she said"it looks okay"We walked out!!Take a drive and get the best you'll ever eat along with Gorgeous atmosphere at a Japanese rest(leaving nameless) in the Port Orange Pavilion.That is the best I have EVER eaten!

• Visited September 2012
Port Orange, Florida
“Great Sushi made to order, nice atmosphere, convenient to central New Smyrna Beach”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

All dishes (rolls, etc.) ordered were excellent. Very, very fresh.
Located in the Publix Shopping center and convenient to the beach.

Visited September 2012