“Eat your heart out at panheads where everything from the atmosphere to the service ROCKS!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panheads Pizzeria

Panheads Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Oh yea can't fail to mention the amazing food! When you go to panheads, because I know you will (really don't see how anyone would want to be left out in trying the food at this gem) you have to try something from every course on the menu. For starters they have these AMAZING nachos. Not like any you have ever tried before!!! Out of this world. If not we also tried the stuffed mushrooms (which are not on the menu so we can thank our server for recommending them!!!!). Best stuffed mushrooms I have had hands down! we also decided to try one of their many delish looking salads. One was enough for the two of us to split which complimented our meal nicely. For the main course we went a little out of our element with recommendations from our server. She did not fail to please. What panheads calls the "Flirting with Disaster" has to be one of the most unique and quite tasty pizzas I have ever had. Pork, light slaw with a slightly sweet tangy Carolina BBQ sauce had my mouth watering for more and more. We had to have our server remove our pizza because we couldn't stop and definitely wanted to save room for whatever "The Stairway to Heaven" was. And boy were we glad we did. Homemade chocolate chip cookie with... Wait for it... homemade ice cream (yes! they make their own ice cream) with whipped cream and chocolate drizzled over top (I think they make that too). Overall our experience at panheads was the ultimate success. Everything was fresh, made to order and prompt. Our pizza took sometime to cook but it was more then worth the wait. So happy to have found such a great place to eat. I will be frequenting panheads at least once a week. Can't help it when foods so good you crave it!!! Great atmosphere, amazing service, outstanding food. I feel bad for your taste buds if they haven't had panheads!!!!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“BEST PLACE EVER! You NEED to try this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I do not believe the last 2 poor reviews for one second. Its totally competitors talking trash or something because Pan heads is AMAZING. First off, I'm from a tourist town so I know a little something about customer service and it means a lot to me to get not only good food but an all around good experience. Our server was Shannon and she was SPECTACULAR. She not only was attentive and courteous with taking our orders but she was funny and engaging too. One of those girls you could tell knew her stuff. She went out of her way to explain the menu items to us, accommodate our special orders and requests and even recommended some great extras and drinks. She called the other location when we were interested in T-shirts and made sure they would be able to get them for us. She went above and beyond to make our lunch memorable.

Now all this does not even touch on how awesome the food was. We were a larger group of 6 and all of us tried something different. The food came out in a timely manor (everything is made fresh to order so it was very impressive how well they not only got it done but that all our items came out together and at the right temperature) and everything was exactly as we ordered it. It was straight up the most delicious pizza I ever had. The freshness of the ingredients was really evident and you got amazing value for the cost (which is super affordable) My father recommended this place to me as he spends a couple months in New Smyrna Beach every year and it lived up to, and surpassed everything good he's said about this place. He travels a lot so he's had experience with restaurants.

The final word is that you NEED to try this restaurant if you want amazing flavourful pizza and great service, its a must have for anyone traveling through and well, the locals already know trust me. Stop reading this and go get some pizza ASAP!!

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In response to Edgar titled insulting. The most rude table I ever witnessed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was sitting next to this family and I have to say I was very happy with how the manager and owner handled this obnoxious table of 12! First they attempted to try to say there was a hair in the salad as I watched the server politely try to handle the situation and get them a new salad out and apologized just to get yelled at by the lady at the table who was stirring up all the drama. They yelled at her because they didn't want her to take the salad away because they wanted to continue eating it. Hmmmm so then the most perfect pan heads pizzas arrived at their table and yes she had the nerve to say it was burnt because she couldn't understand that they have a 3 cheese blend where one of the cheese gets a little dark and all of the locals know how wonderful this cheese blend taste. The server did a great job explaining this and showing her the crust and I saw it for myself that it looked perfect. I felt so bad for the whole staff we eat here all the time they did not deserve this 1 star and how funny two people in the party had to leave a 1 star. Also why would a owner do anything for a table that is disrupting everyone else's evening and as she was trying to to help them the drama lady said she is writing a bad review right in her face. I personally asked to get their thing and leave because others were waiting and they were taking up 2 table and we all cheered outside when they finally got the hint that they are not the type of customers that should dine out anywhere. Now please read all the other legit reviews and you can see why this place is #1 in our town. We want to think you for never returning to pan heads because that frees up room for the locals to dine!!!! You rock pan heads staff! To bad you can't leave reviews about customers.

1 Thank Wesley R
Orlando
“AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This is the best pizza I have ever had!!! I highly recommend the ring of fire and the Greek salad. Shannon is awesome.
Ps the music is great

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ordered from here after leaving The Garlic after an awful experience. The pizza is really good, unique toppings/combinations, nice service. I would definitely go back!

Visited July 2014