Review Highlights
Heaven exists on earth, best nude beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from $358.49
from $85.60
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews parking area parking lot canaveral national seashore nude sunbathing ranger station running water visitor center rat race biting flies no see ums boat trailer limited parking southern end surf fishing hundred yards natural beauty lagoon side
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, this is an amazing corner of unspoiled paradise in a national park. Everything concerning nature is just as it should be: perfectly amazing.
There is a sign on the road that tells people they may encounter nudity as you get close to parking lot #5. This is a nude beach. If that offends you, don't go there, stop at any of the previous four, much emptier, and closer to the entrance parking lots.

When I was there, only a handful of people were on the whole beach and they tend to stick close to the short walkway from the parking lot across the dunes to the beach.
If you walk further in either direction you will be by yourself and out of sight of anyone.
Truly, truly paradise, especially the solitude and peace and quiet.

The downside, which does not influence my rating of the place because it had nothing to do with the beach or park or even the rangers who, after all, exercised good judgement: SOME people though are just malicious and full of negativity!
Went here on two occasions. Brought the best behaved, most obedient, harmless rescue dog. First time all was peachy. Second day, this one guy started chastising for bringing the dog along and said there was a sign that indicated dogs are not allowed on the beach. Truly did not see such sign, but ok, said thank you and passed him far and fast while he was shouting "the fine is $5,000 for bringing a dog." Walked a mile away from him and anyone else to spend quiet time with the ocean and nature. The dog does no harm to any marine life, turtle nests, or the beach at all because he is extremely well behaved and trained.
As suspected, that guy reported us to the park rangers and we ended up getting a fine: for $80! I hope you "good samaritan" read this: you racist, entitled, privileged, frustrated dude, we and the dog did you or anyone and anything else no harm whatsoever. If you are so righteous maybe you should pick some of the plastic trash that is all over all of our beaches and kills everything. We did that, picked several bags on the way back to the car. The least we can do. What did you do of value to nature and humanity that day, other than reporting people who did not in any way bother or harm you or anyone else? I hope you choke on $5,000 worth of Balducci's bagels and drown in a lake of Diet Coke, while you drive your gas guzzling SUV.

Date of experience: September 2019
5  Thank ebabau
Reviewed September 4, 2019

I went to the very end which is called Lot 5, a clothing optional section of beach. I found it to be everything I imagined and hoped it would be and spent a wonderful day in the sun working on a full body tan, then walking the shoreline periodically taking a dip. I ended up walking a very secluded section and totaled about 5 miles of hiking and enjoying the ocean breeze.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

My wife and I enjoyed our 2 days here. We were able to walk down the beach and find an area by ourselves. I enjoy seeing other couples enjoying themselves. We brought a picnic lunch, umbrella and a cooler. Perfect day, great swim and a great stroll down an isolated beach. Only negative is we did get last parking spot at number 5 and one day returning we were attacked by mosquitos in parking lot-- learned to pack up fast. Hopefully this place stays the gem it is.

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank Silverfalcon3
Reviewed August 11, 2019

The improvements to the boardwalks are most visible at Boardwalks 3 and 4. #5 is virtually unchanged. They added a new sign just before parking area #4 alerting people to the potential for nude sunbathers. I noticed a marked decrease in clothed visitors at 5. In years past I noticed that nude bathers stuck to the righthand side of the beach and were almost always at least 50 to 75 feet away from the boardwalk. Not this year. There were nude bathers directly in front of the boardwalk, on both sides of the beach, and even a few seen in the parking area when the rain ran them off the beach (and sometimes when it was sunny). I hope they dont ruin it for everyone by abusing the relaxing of rules!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank awschroader
Reviewed July 19, 2019

Reviewing some of the previous reviews, everyone is talking about parking lot #5 which is clothing optional . There are 4 other parking areas each about a mile apart with limited parking. So if you like beaches that are not crowded this is the place. I spent 3 days their and loved every minute of it. Seas were relatively calm, but during earlier visits the seas were rough to the point that if there were life guards they would be flying red flags. We always go early as parking can be a challenge where people wait in line for a space. Flying bugs can be a problem so bring bug spray. Bottle nose dolphins kept entertained. We happened to show up at the right time as one of the many turtle nests was hatching its eggs. Great three days I will return at first chance.

Date of experience: July 2019