“Do not, I repeat do not trade your timeshare here!! PLEASE SEE MY PICTURES OF OUR VIEW!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Coconut Palms Beach Resort 1
Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you don't want to read my entire review. PLEASE! PLEASE! At least know - DO NOT EVER TRADE YOUR TIMESHARE HERE. IT IS THE WORST CASE OF MISREPRESENTION OF A RESORT I HAVE EVER SEEN! YOU WILL NOT GET THE ROOM YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING!!!

I planned this trip for over a year! My kids were so excited to have an ocean front condo after a long New England winter! All the pictures and address to the location are not what we got. Instead we were told at check in that we were across the street!!! What?? There is no indication that they own another building that is not on the beach. We choose this due for the main reason of being on the beach. We drove 1500 miles and were told by the property manager that they "only give Interval timesharing this property". If you have been lucky in the past to get on the beach it was due to a cancellation of an owner or no show. That is not the odds I would like to us to plan my vacation.

Our view is a dumpster ( I guess we are lucky to have an end unit to get such a great view), a busy intersection, and a construction site. This was never mentions either in the booking. You can't even see the beach or the ocean. We have to cross a busy street and around a building to get to the beach. The walkway is blocked due to the construction!

The next morning I went to the front desk to ask if there had been a cancellation. I was told that if I want to be on the beach I should have requested it after I traded it???? What??? Considering all their pictures are of the ocean and the building if map quested with their address of 811 Atlantic Ave is on the beach. How on earth would I know to request it. Considering I traded it a year prior, so then someone else would get stuck in this crappy building? I have a neighbor in the next room that did just that. So that didn't help him get a beach front room. They are also from Interval and stuck just like us.

The property manager didn't even have the guts to talk to me when I went back to the front desk the second time. He had he the front desk clerk talk to me. (She was very nice I would like to add) He was condescending and rude initially when ask at check in why we were across the street) His answer was that it was part of their property and they had the right to put us there.

Please check out my photos. Totally disappointed and am in process of file a major complaint against the resort with interval. I would like to add that Interval has been great so far trying to find us something else. Unfortunately this is a major vacation week from school and everything is booked. They agree that this resort has misrepresented themselves and is investigating.

A side note the cable company was in our room installing a new cable box when we got to our room. He had just use our bathroom and had a major bowel movement that splattered all over the bowl. So I had to scrub the toilet!!! The resort was not going to help.... WELCOME TO COCONUT PALMS BEACH RESORT!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank flashNh
Coconut P, Front Office Manager at Coconut Palms Beach Resort 1, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

I am sorry that you feel that you did not get into the room that you booked. There are plenty of pictures on the exchange company websites that shows the view of all of our buildings. We allow our owners to choose the exact room that they are booking whether they stay at our resort or make a deposit to travel to other resorts. I am sure that your timeshare operates in the same manner. As I said to you when you checked in, you should always contact any resort that you are going to, so that there are no surprises at check in. I have been in contact with the exchange company that you made your reservation thru and they said that they did compensate you for any misinformation that you may have received from there agent. We are always more than happy to try and accommodate all of our guests to ensure the best vacation possible.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My daughter made a reservation for a Saturday (being specific as to which Saturday). The receptionist said that there was a room available and took her credit card to hold the room. On our way there, I asked my daughter if there was a kitchen, so she called and the receptionist said she was so sorry, but she misunderstood for the following Saturday and there wasn't anything available now!! First big mistake...
We kept the reservation for the following Saturday. We arrived, the room was nice, but we didn't care for the ants that were crawling on the furniture and tables. We cleaned up. The pool is small and couldn't hold all the children that was playing in the pool. All the chairs were taken by residents that came down earlier and put their towels on the chairs to "claim" the chairs for the day. The ocean was beautiful. While on the beach we noticed that there was a large family who ended up at the end of the day in the pool. The management leaves at 3pm, so that anyone who wants can jump into the pool! The parent were not watching their children who were running and jumping into the small pool where there were small children swimming.
The parking lot is a joke. Again, people who were not staying at the place, parked so they can go to the beach.
There were no blankets on the bed or for the sleeper couch. Plus there was only a top sheet for the couch. When you open the couch up, there was the source for the ants - food and a sock under the couch. The coffee maker had coffee grounds still in the machine.
When checking out and informing the clerk of what happens when management isn't on property, she just gave us a "deer in the head light look" and I guess the manager walked by and commented that it is a family friendly place.....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Judy P
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We recently stayed at Coconut Palms and had a great vacation. We were impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the convenience of the resort. We enjoyed our ocean view room, enjoyed the pool and beach. We stayed here as an exchange but purchased vacation weeks so we can come back for many visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Coconut Palms Resort 1 has just completed several renovations. I always loved coming here and never felt it needed any improvements. Now that they are almost completed , I can only say WOW.
Is it the beach? Is it the rooms? Is it the friendly guests? Is it the wonderful staff? or Is it simply because my husband and I enjoy OUR time away from snow? Yes to all the above. Hate to leave and can't wait to go back.
The resort is a 6 minute walk to Historic Flagler Avenue( google it), awesome other dining establishments nearby and a grocery store. We also like to barbecues at the Resort.
Biking and walking on the beach are a must. Borrow bocci ball and various other games to play at the beach. Cards, bingo and books are available onsite.
What more can I say? Thanks to an amazing staff, I enjoy this little piece of heaven every year.

Room Tip: 2nd, third and 4th floor rooms. Every room overlooks the beach. Go to Coconut Palms Beach Resort 1...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mitchell S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A very friendly hotel in a very friendly little seaside village....a short walk to the town that is buzzing with lively bars and live music bands.
The apartment we had was spotlessly clean and the bathrooms were luxurious and modern
The pool deck and sun terrace is very private and backs onto a clean sandy beach although I recommend you keep an eye out for the purple flags flown by the beach patrol

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a relaxing stay in a friendly seaside village

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed last August after an awful,week at Westgste Lakes in Orlando. We took over 2 units on the ground floor and both families had an amazing time. Very homely, nothing too much trouble, even fixing all the way from here in the UK an amazing birthday surprise party for our 11yr old granddaughter Rhiannon . Room decorated,huge birthday cake, the works. It made her holiday. Rooms beautifully clean, great facilities, a nice library, loads of games, use of chairs for the beach, body boards, the lot, Amazing staff, great facilities, we loved it! The Talbot family from England.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick T
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been enjoying our condo for 11 years and have added 2 additional weeks because our 4 children and families love to vacation with us (who would have thought) and we love to have them join us. This year I booked all three weeks for the same week so the whole family can come together and next year we are planning to book the weeks consecutive to enjoy more time at our home away from home. The staff is very helpful and friendly plus the building, ground and condos are being upgraded yearly. We can't wait for our June vacation. Love this place!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family