“Great food, service, decor”
Review of Luna Bella - CLOSED

Luna Bella
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went back with a friend, had ravioli, salad and Stella on draft. The food is truly excellent even though it was a slow night. A full menu is at the bar so I don't mind going solo. The price point is commensurate with top quality food and service but it isn't full. I'd like to see more specials to compete with local restaurants at least until the place gets busy. I hope more people find this place.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

After reading earlier reviews, I was leery about trying this restaurant, inside a residential area's town square. Oh how I hoped the Bad reviews were simply just a new restaurant's growing pains, and I think I was right.
The inside is cozy with dark wood and dim lighting. We beelined it to the bar and a couple of happy hour drafts. The bartender was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. She explained the specials and suggested we order soon because there was a large party of 10+ nearby that was just about to order.
My dining companion ordered a steal: lump crab cake over angel hair pasta. The crab cake was delicious, light, with plenty of crab and mildly seasoned which was good because it didn't overpower the pasta.
I had the Penne Luna Bella and my, my was it good. Chicken, penne, veggies and a light garlic sauce. Incredible.plenty left over to take home.
Luna Bella is now my favorite Italian restaurant in the New Smyrna Beach area. By far.

1  Thank KayakaWhack
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This new restaurant is only a few miles from home and we met as a party of six friends. The area is just getting popular so the restaurant still has lots of room inside and outside and the portions, pricing and menu are attractive. My wife and I sat at the bar for a while and chatted before dinner and the tab for 2 glasses of wine and 2 fantastic Stella draft glasses was less than $12! Whoa, happy hour in this place is great. See the website for different hours but our night was 2-for-1 night.

We had appetizers at the bar. Calamari was the only order and one person found the sauce too spicy and some found the unseasoned batter just a bit too heavy in proportion which overpowered what was probably a great dish. The size of the dish was very generous as were the bar drinks.

At dinner, I had Penne Luna Bella and it was both delicious and huge so I took some home. An array of garlic, chicken, pasta and vegetables. Two others had a chicken salad and a greek salad both reported to be "very good" and in good sized proportions. The others had veal and salmon dishes accompanied with caesar salads and I think they were all pleased with the service and food. Fresh warm bread was served to everyone.

My personal impression is that the place is trying hard in a tough area. But, I found the food and bar to be a fun place, not expensive for the quality and decor and definitely a place I'd like to go back for lunch, happy hour and dinners as a small or large group. To drop in here close by for happy hour and a Italian dinner without waiting in line or paying ridiculous prices is a nice treat so I'll get it while it lasts. Worth a visit.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Went there on a Friday night. We got seated very timely although we did come a little earlier since we had a 13 month with us. They had a little toy that kept him occupied for a good portion of the meal. The food was excellent along with the cocktails we decided to try. The hostess along with the server was great, timely and the food was excellent. Will definitely be back. Looking at the previous reviews, this was no where near our experience. perhaps it was earlier when they opened. There was a large party in the bar and the server kept us informed and even apologized if we thought the food was taking too long. To be honest with you, it wasn't. it was very timely! Will definitely be back. The ravioli, steak, salmon was excellent!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We went for a pizza and dessert, and they were delicious. The staff at Luna Bella's is very friendly and aims to please. Everything is prepared and presented in a special way. We look forward to trying one of their dinners soon