“Casual but good family seafood”

Off the Hook Raw Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An upscale-casual beachside restaurant, featuring fresh local seafood! Full bar featuring signature cocktails and televised sporting events.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a "go to" restaurant in NSB. Reliably good seafood in relaxed environment. Not too expensive, never a long wait. We had Amy as our waitress, friendly and did a great job.

1  Thank sweetsunshine55

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We first visited this spot in the Indian River Shopping Center when it opened. My review was less that stellar.

One of our favorite spots was packed last night so we thought we would give the Hook another try. It was much improved. The wife went with the PEI mussels and I had the fried oyster basket. Both dishes were very good.

Our server was not knowledgeable as to the bar offerings and took several trips to figure out what Beefeater gin was, but finally got it right with generous pours from the bartender.

The restaurant seems to have its regulars sitting around the bar and it has the requisite TV screens to classify it as a sports bar.

We will give them another try.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Usually I just accept the service and food at a restaurant and decide if to return - however my experience tonight deserves comments so you avoid this place: 4th of July weekend..."we ran out of french fries" ....that is a first ---in all my years places run out of roast beef, salmon, etc but French Fries. Then over a 45 minute wait for simple food such as Mahi Sandwich, Salad, Grilled Grouper...luke warm.. Called over the manager...it is busy and all the restaurants have the same problem...no apology, no offer to comp us with a dessert only the excuse that the server should have told us about the wait for food...terrible manager that places blame on a server and has no recovery plan for an unhappy customer!...summary...nice waitress, terrible manager and less than average food ....heed my warning ..stay away especially on holidays and don't expect to be compensated if you are unhappy!

4  Thank VeryBaldEagle
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and two children enjoyed an early dinner on July 6th. The special was a triple tail fish that I had never had, but it was delicious; perfectly pan fried with a light flour coating! The grouper was also very good and was served with a delicious mango salsa. We will be returning again! So glad to have found this place. Be aware Trip Advisor has the location of the strip mall incorrect which I reported.

1  Thank Goldwing29
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We are never disappointed when we eat at Off the Hook! The mahimahi sandwich we shared was excellent! Our server, Karen, was very attentive! We will eat here when we're back in NSB at the end of the month'

1  Thank jeannie226