“Upper Deck Bar and Grill ...UGH........” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casey's NSB Bar and Upper Deck Restaurant

Casey's NSB Bar and Upper Deck Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casey's NSB Bar is New Smyrna's top spot to relax with friends near the beach and enjoy the best drinks in town. Featuring live music five nights a week! Casey's Upper Deck Restaurant boasts an authentic creole menu masterly prepared by a renown chef straight from New Orleans.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
“Upper Deck Bar and Grill ...UGH........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

It started with its well done decor...I ordered the special of the day, Maui, shrimp, on top of mashed potato's on a medley of vegtables. The plate arrived with all stacked on top of each other with what appeared to be a brown sauce, so it lacked any color, just a brown heap. Okay so I ate the shrimp (4) they were good, the maui was over cooked and tasteless, the mashed potatoes great, the vegtable medley? That consisted of one carrot strip, one slice of a beet, and several yellow, white disc's of unknown taste and origin?? All of which were severly undercooked, they were awful! But wait the best to come...our waiter comes and I said "I don't like to complain, but that was aweful..His reply...well you ate enough of it, you should have said something sooner, we could have made you something else. Excuse me..I was not looking for something else, and I was not looking to be insulted. I ate mashed potato's and 4 shrimp, and was insulted for 25.00. My advise find another dining spot, NSB is filled with wonderful dining experiences, definilty not this one!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went here this past weekend with our son. We were greeted right away and picked our seat on the outside deck. The servers were very friends but seemed to be a little slow and unorganized. Listening and watching the other customers on the deck I could see that the servers were forgetting stuff, a little slow on returning with items. They were nice but didn't seem to have it together. They also forgot to bring out the sauce for my husbands chicken.

It seemed like it took a lot longer to get our food than it usually does at other resturants. When our food finally came we still had to wait on my sons mac n cheese. They did give him a side of fries while he waited on his food. It's a kids mac n cheese. You'd think that would have come out first.

Our food was average. I had fried shrimp with loaded mash potatoes. The shrimp was very good but the potatoes were cold. My husband had the chicken with potatoes. His chicken was good but his potatoes were cold as well. When my son finally got his mac n cheese the noodles were a bit hard. I was very surprised he ate it. I just feel for the price you are paying you should get better food/service. The outside deck needs a little cleaning up. There was a bike parked up there and some rusty furniture in the corner. Just wasn't what I expected for the price of food. I will not be going back that is for sure.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tiffterry
Saint Cloud, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

shrimp and grits, eggplant was super, cup of seafood soup was outstanding...will definitely go there again....prices are average and food is outstanding

Visited July 2013
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything from the service to the food were excellent! The champagne seafood and the scallops are good choices. Service is always friendly. Favorite place in town, and the outside deck is a bonus.

• Visited June 2013
“not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

we choose to try the upper deck after driving by for years but never going upstairs. the resteraunt is very nice inside as walked thru and took a table in outside seating. the view and breeze were nice and we entertained by the people eating at Boston's downstairs. the waiter who helped us was very friendly. he promised to make my wifes margarita himself and if he did he needs to hang up his bartending hat as she "winced" her way thru the entire drink. the scallops with balsamic vinegar reduction were nice but not for the $11. the ceasar salad was good, but you have to work hard to mess one of those up. we shared the lobster mac-n-cheese as lunch and the lobster was horrible. i do have high standards as we will once again be eating fresh lobster in mini season next month, but this was not edible and i am not a picky eater. the waiter saw me picking the pieces off the plate and comped us the salad since i was not happy. being outside at NSB makes a lot of bad things go away and so the whole experience was not HORRIBLE but we will probably keep driving by in the future.

• Visited May 2013