Casey's NSB Bar and Upper Deck Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casey's NSB Bar is New Smyrna's top spot to relax with friends near the beach and enjoy the best drinks in town. Featuring live music five nights a week! Casey's Upper Deck Restaurant boasts an authentic creole menu masterly prepared by a renown chef straight from New Orleans.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“David”
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

i was staying across the street at the holiday inn and was searching for restaurants. I happened to pick upper deck without even knowing it was directly across the way. I happened to go in on a slow monday night very close to closing so I wasnt expecting the service I received. I sat at the bar and david was bartending. He told me the kitchen was closing soon and if I wanted to order I should think about it soon. He suggested the special, which was black tip shark. I am not a fish eater, but he made it sound so good I had to try it.... I was not disappointed, it was phenominal! Turns out david catches alot of the fish that are on special here. Talk about fresh! In short, I would definitely return if I'm ever back in the area. David made my visit waayyyyyy worth it, and he even suggested a few places I could get a good craft beer when I left! Kudos to great service and good food

1 Thank Cateptak

Winter Park, Florida
“Excellent food.. laid back vibe.. GREAT view!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I grew up in Winter Park, Fl near Orlando & have grown up in New Smyrna Beach. I also lived there for two years.. I wish the Upper Deck was there when I lived there!!
The food is phenomeinal everytime! My fav's are the upper deck salad,hearts of palm salad, fried pickles, shrimp & grits & all their seafood dishes are excellent...

I've eaten et every place in NSB & can write some good reviews about many of them BUT this is the palce I go back to evertime.... it's above Boston's so some people miss it.. it is worth trying and will become your new fav. spot in NSB. The decor is high end beachy so you can dress up a bit and fit in or go in a bathing suit coevr up and flip flops.. and just look out to the ocean from the upper deck!

Enjoy!!

1 Thank Christina L
US
“Service Was Non Existent”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I went to the Upper Deck with my wife and two friends for dinner last night. The food was average, but the service was nothing less than horrible. We arrived at 6pm, and the restaurant was not close to full. We did not get our main course until 7:45, despite repeated requests. The waiter did not come around hardly at all, he did not remove empty appetizer dishes until I requested him to do so, and despite two requests for forks, he failed to bring them. I had to go to the bar to get them myself. There are several adequate seafood restaurants in NSB. This is just not one of them.

Orlando, FL
“great food, great service!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I wrote a review before and have gone back several times, each time just as great as the first. I looked at my previous review and noticed I said that it was a bit pricey. Well, that was misleading. It's no more expensive than any other place and the food is so much better. I had the tuna again and it was heaven in my mouth! I think it was $19.00, which is a good deal for sushi grade tuna. So hard to pick between that and cioppino ($24.00). The waiter was really good and attentive. My granddaughter asked for some raw carrots after dinner and he had no problem getting them for her. This is my absolute most favorite restaurant. Outside dining on the balcony is great when the weather is a bit warmer, but inside is nice too. Food is great! Service is great! Highly recommend this place.

1 Thank FloridaGalOrlando
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything = superb”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I live in England and my family live in new smyrna. Everytime I visit and that's a lot, I make sure we go to upper deck. The food is fab and is made better by the staff and service. I especially love the manager, randy. He and the staff aleays make you feel welcome and will also try and make you something that isn't on the menu but you would like to eat. If anyone comes to new smyrna, or even to Florida, always make time for a trip to upperdeck. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Jenuk2008