“Incredible Food At Dolphin View Restaurant”
Review of Dolphin View Seafood - CLOSED

Dolphin View Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The last time I was in this area was 2007. There wasn't a restaurant here, just the Pastime Princess, a deep sea fishing party boat. My friend and I were starving, and I ask a guy leaving the restaurant how the food was. "Good" he said. He didn't say it with any enthusiasm, so I was apprehensive but decided to try it. I was here right?. We ordered the grouper sandwich special. That included potato squares and cole slaw. They deliver your food to you, so we found a table right at the edge of the water. Wow what an incredible view. A bridge was to my right, and boats were passing up and down here. Nice.

The food arrived and I couldn't believe it. This grouper sandwich was huge. After my first bite I was blown away. Fresh and delicious. Cole slaw? Fantastic. Potato fries? Excellent. Anyone visiting the area who doesn't eat at this restaurant will be missing out. And the general manager Lorna and her staff are very friendly, accommodating, and super nice. This meal was the start to a great vacation week. Don't miss the Dolphin View Restaurant. I won't next time I'm in New Smyrna Beach.

1  Thank Charles R

Reviewed August 18, 2010

A few weeks ago I decided to check out TA list of restaurants for something new. I liked the sound of Dolphin View and told the family it sounded like a good place for us to try. We were in NSB last week and I can't tell how much we all enjoyed this place. I forgot that you order at the counter so that surprised me when we arrived and seemed to bother my Mother-in-Law slightly. After we ordered our food we went out onto the deck and I was concerned about the openess of the huge deck since we had our 2 yr. old grandson. He stayed away from the edge and everyone pitched in to watch him so then we could all enjoy this amazing view! Gosh it was such a beautiful, breezy day. We couldn't have picked a better time to go. Now for the food, it came out in spurts because there was 10 of us and we had separate orders. I got the Mahi wrap and it was very good, but wasn't too fond of the corn fritter nuggets. They advertised them as so good, but maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea. The everyone seemed to enjoy their food from dinner meals to sandwiches and it looked very good too. After dinner we drove along Riverside Dr. and admired the beautiful homes along the river. If you get a chance to try this place I know you'll love it. We can't wait to go back!

3  Thank bizElady
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We go over to NSB from Orlando all the time and were told to check out Dolphin View about 6 months ago. From what we'd heard, it had changed hands and we were looking for a place where we could wear flip flops and shorts and sit on the water and have a beer and good seafood. Our first experience was that this place was exactly what we'd been looking for and the 10 or 12 times we've been back since then have only served to confirm our original opinion. The most recent time we've been there was last night and it was packed. We were real glad to see that the word is getting out on this place.

It's on the mainland side of the river but right on the intercoastal and there has not been a time that we haven't seen multiple dolphin swim by while we were there. There's a small island/bird rookery just to the north where you can watch tons of seabirds. The coolest thing for us, though, is to watch the boats go up and down the river and to watch the Pastime Princess, an offshore bottom-fishing boat unload it's catch each day. Last night, the weather was perfect as the sun went down and the food was excellent, as always.

My wife usually gets the fried scallops which are the small, sweet bay scallops. I've never had scallops as consistently good as they are here and I've never had them as tasty as they are here .My usual is the flounder ruben which is probably the best I've had anywhere, and I get it with the saurkrout instead of the cole slaw option. Last night I had the blackened mahi which was excellent. Their cocktail sauce IS red, with horseradish and is done just right for our taste. My father in law loves their grilled shrimp.

What they've done with this place over the 6 months we've been going there is really cool. They've got the covered, protected area with the tiki bar for the windy, cold, or rainy days. We've only had to sit in there once. The rest of the time we sit right on the water where they've built a small bar that faces the water around the entire dining area or in the booths or picnic tables all over the deck.........yes, alot of it is right over the water. They've also added some retractable screen covers to shade the entire deck, when needed, and have hung alot of flowering plants. They've done a great job in a very short period of time in making it a quaint, simple, enjoyable place to enjoy really good seafood .

Last night we did have to wait a little longer than usual for our meal, I'm sure because of the huge crowd. Surprisingly enough, though, when I went in to ask about the status of our meal, they apologized profusely for the delay, asked how many were in our party, and gave us a complimentary shrimp cocktail for all of us, to make up for the delay in receiving our meal.

If you're looking for indoor, dress-up, white table cloth dining, this is not the place you're looking for. However, if you're looking for an old Florida seafood type of place with good eats, great atmosphere and friendly service, you owe it to yourself to check this place out. We go there at least once everytime we stay at the beach. It's a family favorite.

GatorGreg1

4  Thank GatorGreg1
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Come here for the view, but not so much for the food. The fish is good, but I've never really had anything spectacular. It's great for lunch when it's not too hot, and it can be fun to come and have some beers and watch all the pelicans. The best thing on the menu are the onions rings and fried scallops.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I was raised in NSB and remember what the Sea Harvest offered. After the Sea Harvest changed hands the product provided was insulting compared to days of past. The good news is the Sea Harvest has once again changed hands and is now callled the Dolphin View. This review is taken from eating at the Dolphin View at least 6 times. The portions provided are equal to or exceed the what I remeber from the original Sea Harvest. I've had: fish wraps, grouper BLT, calmstrips, grouper sandwich both grilled and fried (I prefer the fried but the grilled is really tasty) and scallops and have never gone away un-happy. The tarter sauce, cole slaw, hush puppies and cocktail sauce are all very good. The previous review indicated the sauces were not very good so I'm thinking the reviewer is not from Florida and has no idea what homemade sauce is supposed to taste like. Bottom line is you'll love the food and more than likely leave with a doggy bag.

As for the view, what more could you want. I've never finished a meal without seeing dolphins swim by. Just the environment alone is a treat and something I look forward to. I highly reccomend the Dolphin View to both tourists and locals. If you visit New Smyrna and do not at least stop by your missing a very special part of our town.